Volante Luisi steering wheels. Anyone had one?

a lot of money to pay for a polyurethane wheel

For that kind of money, should be leather...

Arman

No opinions from me... but...

That wheel looks amazingly similar to mine and one Rudy bought a few years back from "one who shall remain forever unspoken of". We both paid a lot less but I would say the price is somewhat reasonable especially if it comes with an adapter.

As for performance, I love the grip and feel and the quicker steering due to the smaller circumference, and also the increased leg room. Your gauges COULD be obscured a bit more though... but I don't constantly stare at my gauges like SOME FOLKS here I know... (HA!)

If you can find others similar or get a break on the wheel less the adapter... Use one off a late model 124. I modified this one to accept both 5 hole and 6 hole wheels.

The screws are colored for illustration... the Red one is the top center and is used for both versions.

Oh... and one last thing... I love SHINY things and went for a CHROME center and spokes, which IMHO, looks great... but what a pain! Usually the sun hits it and it reflects back right smack dab in your face. I still can't bring myself to black-it-out though...

Back