W. Fuses

X19

True Classic
Anyone know?

Where to get the fuses, the short ones to the right in the borrowed picture?
Have searched around without finding any.
Picture borrowed from midwest bayless

4421313-U8.jpg

Not sure what stores you have in Norway...

Here in the states I would try an electronics store such as Radio Shack.

Pete

A good hardware store (not the big-box guys but the old-school ones with millions of drawers of hardware) carry the small glass fuses which fit. Since the ends are flat they don't fit as well as the pointy original bosch fuses but they seem to work ok.

Short fuses

I posted about this a long time ago, but would have to do some searching for the links.
Several years ago I was looking for these fuses and found one of the major fuse manufacturers that still makes them. The replacements are actually the glass-tube type but with the "pointed" ends to fit properly. I think it was either "Cooper Bussman" or "Littelfuse". I ordered them directly from the company. They were very helpful with determining the correct items and willing to ship as few as I needed (no minimum requirement). Very reasonable price also. I bought the longer ones from them as well (also glass tube type) and they seem to last longer without the typical corroding at the ends.
You might want to call those companies to help find the correct ones (that was how I found them). Just give them the dimensions and specs.

that's

I've been using.
I shall look into Bussman catalogue. I'll let you guys know if I find anything.

Please do!

Let us know what you find out! May need to pickup a few myself since I don't like how the "non-pointy" small glass fuses fit into my panel...

Thanks!

I've been using.
I shall look into Bussman catalogue. I'll let you guys know if I find anything.

Don't know if this will help, but at least I know VW used these types on the old beetles. JBUGS in California has them online (just checked) - If you go to JBUGS.COM and do a search for fuses, see if that is what you are needing. There are a lot of other online vintage VW parts places out there and I am sure they would also have them.

John

Don't know if this will help, but at least I know VW used these types on the old beetles. JBUGS in California has them online (just checked) - If you go to JBUGS.COM and do a search for fuses, see if that is what you are needing. There are a lot of other online vintage VW parts places out there and I am sure they would also have them.

John

Never seen short ones used no a bug. I've had several vw bugs. ( don't judge me ):cool:

if still looking...

I used 3 AMP bus fuses, glass, proper length, but they are "flat tops".

However, with the way the fuseblock clips are made, the fuses seat in just fine. Have had in the car for 8+ years with no issues.

If nothing else, will keep you operational until if/when you find the others.

Last edited:
fuses

they are the green 3a fuse that are always blowing if you have a bad ground in that circuit. i believe i have boatload of them.let me know if your interested in them as i have upgraded my fusebox with one that takes new style blade fuses
mikemo90*aol.com

Back