WAJ meeting March 13 in San Francisco, Tim Kuniskis to speak

Chris Obert

autocrosser, X driver
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Today I was talking with one of the Western Automotive Journalists that has organized the event where the president of Fiat North America will be speaking.
He told me I could pass this information on...

So far the hall is far from sold out. Ends up they would like to fill the hall to show Fiat how much interest there is in their product, & in them coming back to North America. And Chrysler/Fiat has shown some interest in trying to make the event on Tuesday March 14 a good one for the press & guests.
At 3 PM Fiat will introduce a few cars, the WAJ thinks 5 of them will be there (possibly the 500 C pop I just drove will be one of them). It's been confirmed that there will be two Abarths there for the press to drive, and I was told that interested press members "might" be willing to give some guests some rides.
Guests will NOT be allowed to drive any of the cars, sorry...

The WAJ has discussed parking with the owners of the hall this event is happening at. It's been requested that we (Fiat America & other interested guests) show up with as many Fiat family automobiles as possible. And we have been offered special group parking so when Tim arrives he can see a portion of the parking lot filled with his company's cars, both current & classic.

All I can say is that if you have been on the fence about signing up for this event, this should get you interested in going. And the press seems to want to make Fiat's return to North America happen as much as we do.

Take part of the day off. Come to the event.
Chris Obert

On Feb 28, 2012, at 2:25 PM, Kevin Enderby wrote:

Hello Fiat America buddies,

David Ray the current President of the Western Automotive Journalists and founder of of Hooked on Driving said I could pass this along. At the next WAJ meeting the head of FIAT North America Tim Kuniskis will be speaking. They are pretty much open it up to interested guests. It is kind of a funky place, but food is decent and cheap, and this group has been there meeting there for years. If you want to join us follow this link:

http://www.waj.org/

and the link on that page and the Purchase your tickets now for this event link and purchase a "Guest Meal".

Take care,
Kev

[/FONT]

This event is happening now...

And there are a couple of 500 Abarth's to test drive there!

Very cool event...

Back