Wanted Cromodora CD31 wheel(s)

Discussion in 'FS&W Forum' started by MikeHynes, Sep 11, 2019 at 5:05 PM.

1. MikeHynes

MikeHynes True Classic

I have one Cromodora CD31 wheel that needs repair. I am beginning to think that I'll never be able to find someone who can repair it, and if I do, that it won't make sense to spend what it will take to fix it.
    So...does anyone have an orphan Cromodora CD 31 wheel that they would like to sell? (13" x 5.5" on 4 on 98mm bolt pattern)
    20190809_140939.jpg

2. Dan Sarandrea (Phila)

Dan Sarandrea (Phila) Waitin' On Parts...

That can't be the one needing repair.

3. Jeff Stich

Jeff Stich True Classic

That's what I was thinking, turns out it's one of his other CD-31's that needs the repair work.

[​IMG]

4. myredracer

myredracer True Classic

Except for the rim maybe being distorted towards the center near when it says made in Italy, you might try finding a welder specializing in magnesium repair. I had a rare Cromodora rim once that had a chunk missing from the edge of the rim, about an inch or more across. I took it to a specialized welder who worked on inspecting and repairing magnesium parts for helicopters. He welded a piece back in and machined it so it looked like new again. Pretty amazing.

5. MikeHynes

MikeHynes True Classic

Yes, I know there are folks who weld magnesium. I'll see what I can find.

6. 78paesano

78paesano True Classic

How much magnesium are in these wheels, is it 50/50?

7. Chris Obert

Chris Obert autocrosser, X driver

I still have three used ones... Like you, the forth wheel in the set I purchased in Italy was (broken).