Try these links.

http://www.international-auto.com/index.cfm?fa=p&pid=2597&posid=909343

86480000-2.jpg
1974 Fiat X1/9
Steering Rack, New

Item No.:8648Price:$95.50Stock Status:In StockBuy:
Qty
BUY-NOW---all-caps.gif

Add to wish listNeed help finding a part? Call one of our Sales Advisors at 800-953-0813

Does not include outer ends.

http://www.midwest-bayless.com/storefrontprofiles/deluxeSFshop.aspx?sid=1&sfid=208227&c=193059

gr_transp.gif
footer-model-page.jpg

Home > Fiat X19 Parts - Fiat X19 Sales - Bertone X19 > Steering > Racks - Tie Rod Ends - Links > Product Information
Steering Rack (Fiat X19 74-75, Fiat 128 to 75) - U8

Our Price: $149.99
Quantity:
Other Images: 1234

fiat-steering-rack-74-75-a.jpg
click to enlarge

This is a steering rack as supplied on 74-75 Fiat X1/9s as well as early 71-75 Fiat 128s. Includes complete rack with good boots and multi-part rebuildable inner tie rod ends. Requires 14x1.0 fine-thread style outer tie rod ends as used on 74-82 cars. This is the quickest rack used on the X1/9, over 10% faster ratio than all later racks, with 3.0 turns lock-to-lock as opposed to 3.4 turns for later units. Also of note, the input shaft is slightly shorter than those for 76-on later cars, requiring a longer rack-to-column universal link. Check out the multiple pictures.

Condition: USED (8 of 10) Good condition, boots are not cut or torn. Rack is not bent internally. No slop detected in the joints.

Item #: 4290732 / 4201513 - U8

http://www.carsteering.com/steeringmodels/1974/Fiat/X19/Manual_Steering_Rack.html

DESCRIPTION: ALL MODELS [MANUAL STEER]
Product
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Number[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Part[/FONT]​
Price
Core
Ships
Warranty
Qty
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
manual-rack.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 80-70105 R [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] More info[/FONT] [/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Manual Steering Rack - Remanufactured

[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] $230[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] $100

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] More Info[/FONT]
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Monday [/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]36 Month
[/FONT]​

Last edited:
Same ratio???

Seems like I remember a discussion on the old forum that all the racks had the same ratio, just the later ones have a longer travel which accounts for the 3.4 vs 3 turns.

I could be wrong about this. Experts care to chime in?:confuse2:

Seems like I remember a discussion on the old forum that all the racks had the same ratio, just the later ones have a longer travel which accounts for the 3.4 vs 3 turns.

I could be wrong about this. Experts care to chime in?:confuse2:
Ulix posted that back in July 2010. See this post.

Thanks, I looked at the racks at Midwest I think some of the info may be incorrect. I was told that no 128's came with the quicker ratio rack like the X had.

I'll call IAP that price looks good if it is the quicker ratio X rack.

Back