Wanted: Fiat SOHC 1600 Block

Lowtechprime

Retro Grouch
Hey All!
Anyone know where I ca get my hands on a Fiat SOHC 1600 Block? I'm in Southern California, but willing to freight something if I have to...
Thanks!

No. But I do have a nearly complete Fiat Marea 1600 DOCH engine that nearly bolts in with a slight modification. I'm in San Diego area and the price is $300.00. It bolts directly to the transaxle and lower engine mount and needs a mod on the front engine mount.

Charlie

Ho Roadster27. Yes it's a direct bolt up. Either 4 speed or 5 speed depending what flywheel you use. The engine is apart and missing a piston and rod. It was a good running engine before being pulled apart but the person that took it apart misplaced those two parts. However he says he has them but he is out of the country, don't know when he will return. Some of the parts have some surface rust on them but can be easily cleaned. I also have the computer and all the accessories that came with the engine. The only mod needed is the front motor mount. Once that is done the nose will bolt up to the stock body mount in the front of the engine. I think this motor can also be stroked to an 1850 CC like the TIPO block. I am not 100% positive about this but it does look like the oil gallery has been raised in the block which should give clearance for the longer stroke. Some research may be helpful on this point. I was going to put in my car but have decided to go another direction.

Cheers
Charlie

Ho Roadster27. Yes it's a direct bolt up. Either 4 speed or 5 speed depending what flywheel you use. The engine is apart and missing a piston and rod. It was a good running engine before being pulled apart but the person that took it apart misplaced those two parts. However he says he has them but he is out of the country, don't know when he will return. Some of the parts have some surface rust on them but can be easily cleaned. I also have the computer and all the accessories that came with the engine. The only mod needed is the front motor mount. Once that is done the nose will bolt up to the stock body mount in the front of the engine. I think this motor can also be stroked to an 1850 CC like the TIPO block. I am not 100% positive about this but it does look like the oil gallery has been raised in the block which should give clearance for the longer stroke. Some research may be helpful on this point. I was going to put in my car but have decided to go another direction.

Cheers
Charlie

Calling provisional dibs on this pending more detailed info.

Thanks for the info Charlie.
If this hasn't found a home come springtime I'll drive down from Oregon to get it :)
-Dean

Hey All!
I am in the process of ordering a 1600 block and other assorted parts for my 1900 build from overseas. I was informed that it will increase shipping only a little more to get a second block bored to 87.02mm, 79mm 8 counterbalance crank, and special short pistons for a another build. I am in Los Angeles though, it would still need shipping to you from here. Anyone interested?

Back