Wanted: Fiat wreath shift knob

Kendall

True Classic
Does anyone have one of the vinyl covered Fiat red and gold wreath shift knobs? I'll buy it if you do!

Sorry, thought this was it, must have confused it with another car I had once. This probably had a Fiat wreath on it originally but someone has substituted an Abarth badge. It's available if you want it.... $10 plus shipping from 61548 would do it. Thanks
Charlie
shift knob.jpg

I am a vendor.

Kendall,

The guy that was making the majority of the Fiat wreath gear shift knobs sold in North America passed on, and his son closed up the business in November of 2015. Consequentially the source of new knobs has dried up. And more importantly, the Fiat wreath emblem he was using is now sold out. I used the last ones that I had purchased from him in my last production run of wooden knobs. Which is now almost sold out.
When I looked into remaking the emblem, the price was more than I felt I could recoup in shift knob sales any year soon.

He was doing a special knob for the X1/9. I still have some remaining in stock in vinyl, and a few in walnut. You can see them here, http://www.fiatplus.com/search.php?...ields[3]=on&extra_fields[4]=on&categoryid=615

He also made a key fob to match the shift knob. The ones I still have are shown on this page http://www.fiatplus.com/search.php?...ields[3]=on&extra_fields[4]=on&categoryid=588

Charlie's offer above is very reasonably priced.

Charlie, Chris, thank you for your replies. I just got a key fob I will scarifice to put on a shift knob. The emblem measures about 1 1/8" round. 20211201_221340.jpg
Could either of you measure the size of the emblems on the shift knobs you have? I'm wondering if I could fit this one on top. Thanks for your help.

Haha...I actually found an old shift knob in my stash here. See pics below. As I recall....I likely bought it for my 128 waay back in the early 70's. Perhaps from FAZA...perhaps it may have come from an accessory shop or Fiat dealer...I dont recall.....

FYI...yes it has a FIAT red and gold wreath emblem on it. With the stylized "FIAT" letters in white with a gold border. Since you asked....the inset emblem measures about 30mm OD.

It is in "decent" but certainly not "perfect" condition. Dont know if it is leather or vinyl.

BUT.....there appears to be an "issue" with it. The bottom hole just has about a 15mm splined hole in it about 30mm deep. Appears to be wood inside. I reckon that there should have originally been an metal or plastic insert inside that hole. That pressed fit into the splines and had threads on the inside that matched the male thread on the shift lever.....

I suppose....if you wanted a knob like this bad enough.....and were clever enough...you could make an insert...kinda like a long helicoil or something...and press or screw or glue that insert into this knob. Or......swipe the wreath emblem off it and glue it onto abarth4's or one of Chris's knobs.

I know my knob...with the missing insert......sure aint worth much. Most likely I'll never use it.....Might be nice if someone else did....

Likely not worth what shipping would be from here in Canada. Postage on its own would likely be in the range of $10 US......

$3 US plus shipping if you want it.

Or.....might make more sense if you needed anything else I sell....I got lots of stuff.

Order a few things and i'll toss the shift knob in the box for free...........shift knob 001.JPGshift knob 001.JPG

shift knob 002.JPGshift knob 003.JPGshift knob 004.JPG

RX1900, that is one of the aftermarket shift knobs from the guy who is no longer with us. His had the splined insert. He made the knobs, finished them, and then when he got an order he pressed in the splined insert of the proper thread, and glued in the ordered emblem. The original insert is probably still screwed onto a shift lever.
I looked into having a production run of the inserts done recently. The machine shop agreed he could make them, but came up with a much simpler, and less expensive, alternative. I will use if I ever get the time to make more knobs.

Kendall, that emblem, if it's the 30 mm diameter, is the one to use.

Appears you have your solution!

Charlie, your knob with that emblem was one of the alternatives.
I felt it looked unfinished, so we would order a dozen or two, mix up some resin, and "finish" the installation. They looked really good, and I sold them all, for an Abarth premium!

Haha...I actually found an old shift knob in my stash here. See pics below. As I recall....I likely bought it for my 128 waay back in the early 70's. Perhaps from FAZA...perhaps it may have come from an accessory shop or Fiat dealer...I dont recall.....

FYI...yes it has a FIAT red and gold wreath emblem on it. With the stylized "FIAT" letters in white with a gold border. Since you asked....the inset emblem measures about 30mm OD.

It is in "decent" but certainly not "perfect" condition. Dont know if it is leather or vinyl.

BUT.....there appears to be an "issue" with it. The bottom hole just has about a 15mm splined hole in it about 30mm deep. Appears to be wood inside. I reckon that there should have originally been an metal or plastic insert inside that hole. That pressed fit into the splines and had threads on the inside that matched the male thread on the shift lever.....

I suppose....if you wanted a knob like this bad enough.....and were clever enough...you could make an insert...kinda like a long helicoil or something...and press or screw or glue that insert into this knob. Or......swipe the wreath emblem off it and glue it onto abarth4's or one of Chris's knobs.

I know my knob...with the missing insert......sure aint worth much. Most likely I'll never use it.....Might be nice if someone else did....

Likely not worth what shipping would be from here in Canada. Postage on its own would likely be in the range of $10 US......

$3 US plus shipping if you want it.

Or.....might make more sense if you needed anything else I sell....I got lots of stuff.

Order a few things and i'll toss the shift knob in the box for free...........View attachment 55550View attachment 55550

View attachment 55551View attachment 55552View attachment 55553
This is the knob in my X. My car only has 18,500 original miles on it and the knob is in pristine condition. I'd always wondered what the source for it was since I'd never seen another like it.

Hi Doug, actually that knob is perfect. My shifter was cut to be shorter by the PO. There are no threads on the top. He has another carbon fiber looking handle on there that really doesn't fit the car. I'll have to make an insert for that knob but I was expecting to do that. I'll send you a pm.

Hi Doug, actually that knob is perfect. My shifter was cut to be shorter by the PO. There are no threads on the top. He has another carbon fiber looking handle on there that really doesn't fit the car. I'll have to make an insert for that knob but I was expecting to do that. I'll send you a pm.

Okay. Come to think about it...I suppose an easy solution might just be to fill the hole in my shift knob with some type of hardening epoxy or JB Weld or something...and then drill and tap it to whatever thread size you cut on your shifter......

Back