Wanted: horn button...

budgetzagato

Administrator
My yellow MOMO horn button is cracking, I'd like to replace with either a scorpion or Lancia symbol. Are they all the same? Any suggestions on where to shop for one are appreciated. I'm a bit confused by what I find with a search. Ebay is almost useless now.

You can get a blank horn button fairly easily. I think they are all the same but check the Momo website. Once you have a blank button you can get a resin dome decal to put on it. Try Capricorn Coatings or you can have one custom made by Meisterwerks.

Well...

My yellow MOMO horn button is cracking, I'd like to replace with either a scorpion or Lancia symbol. Are they all the same? Any suggestions on where to shop for one are appreciated. I'm a bit confused by what I find with a search. Ebay is almost useless now.

Can you show us a photo of the one you have that you want to replace? Also maybe tell us the approximate size (inner/outer diameter)? :confuse2:

Will do...

Will do. From looking around online, it appears to be the "small" MOMO/Nardi horn button of which apparently I can get a Hello Kitty one.

Pics...

This is the button:
IMG_1158-1_zpsfa786e93.jpg

This is the diameter:
IMG_1157_zps824e8b1e.jpg

This is the back.
IMG_1159-1_zps753e791a.jpg

But, it may all be moot, I looked carefully at it today and it looks like it's just the yellow coating coming off, maybe I can peel it off and replace it with an appropriate decal. Looks to be about 38mm.

Temporary solution...

Thanks Matthew. $80 for 4 sounds ok, but I only need one.

Temporary solution is a 2 hour acetone bath to remove original coating ( just the coating/paint was peeling off, felt like the button was plastic and cracking). This revealed a very shiny embossed aluminum button so I'm making do with re-installation for now.
IMG_1171_2_zpsaef7a19a.jpg

Greg...Can you post some better pics of your instrument cluster and maybe the story behind it. very interesting....:italia:

Thanks Matthew. $80 for 4 sounds ok, but I only need one.

Temporary solution is a 2 hour acetone bath to remove original coating ( just the coating/paint was peeling off, felt like the button was plastic and cracking). This revealed a very shiny embossed aluminum button so I'm making do with re-installation for now.
IMG_1171_2_zpsaef7a19a.jpg

Looks good to me like that!!

I bought one on ebay that has a clear dome so you can print anything you want and insert from behind. Came with a cheap $15 adapter I bought to install a Momo on my '88 Toyota 4wd.

Back