Washiongton DC Area Owners

Your point? You heater was working, wasn't it?!?! :devil:...and damn, didn't everyone's cars look like they'd really been somewhere?? I think we all wore our mud sprayed bodywork as a badge of honor!!!:headbang:

John O.

I'm just a little out of range for a hook up after work; I live in Rockville and work in Olney, but still very close if you wanted to drive a newer X, as I have an '86. I personally prefer my car and other late cars over Carl's for it's more modern conveniences (injection, Bosch electrics, powerless windows, A/C, nicer materials for the interior, trunk carpets, etc). I’ve owned an earlier car and the late car feels more “grown up” to me; something to consider if you need the car to appeal to an uninitiated spouse.

I've owned an X nearly continuously since I was 23 and I'm 47 now. Nature is nature, but I find I can get in and out of the car easier than some of the high school students I crate around simply because I’m used to it. I have to admit the suspension is a bit rougher on me now, but that might be because I’ve been pushing the stock pieces pretty far with springs, bigfoot plates, etc., and thus I find long trips in the X more wearing on me than back when every crappy car had an adventure waiting inside. I actually find the Scorpion solves the long distance exhaustion issue as it’s like the X but more at home on the highway.

Don’t know if that helps, but definitely look us up on the DC Fiats site. Most of us always have an open seat, welcome for a co-pilot.

John O.
You are more than welcome to drive my 76X. I live off Braddock road near George Mason Univ. By the way, DCfiats is probably the largest of any of the Fiat clubs with many many X owners. Check out DCfiats.org. You can then drive my 91 Miata if your wife prefers something more modern!

Anyway, send me an email and we can set something up.

carlfriedman*verizon.net

John & Carl,

Didn't want you to think I missed your comments. I hope to take both of you up on your offers as I would like her to see an early and late X.

But, both she & I work for the government (surprising in this area, huh) and they have decided we are going on a trip for a week or so...

I will give you both a shout in a couple of weeks.

As an added question, would a Sunday work for the tow of you?

I am all the way doiwn in NC, but are welcome to drive my x...
Kevin,

Maybe we can convince you to drive it to Otto on a nice day when we are down.

Tim

Back