weber dcnf 40 vs idf 4

Dishy your setting is good. but if you want more power at low rpm put 30 venturi. andmy opinion put 135full. not 125!

foto from my engine with idf.
20067533_10155059030877800_1416785409_n.jpg

Looks good Jim, thanks for sharing. I think the 128 has more room between the intake and the hood, compared to the X1/9? Maybe IDF's would be a tight fit on the X1/9, especially with air filters installed? But I know it's been done, can't remember if they had to trim the engine cover to clear.
Do you race your car on the track?

yes go very fast. i have put idf for x19. and job perfect. with this spor air trumps. have nice noise. the dcnf i think is better noise but not power. i go dyno and i have news this days. i must go to dyno and later put exhaust. i think i go 115hp. i am mihanics for old cars here. this is my job.

Jimgkioulis said: "I am mechanic for old cars, that is my job".
I figured as much because of all the things you keep doing to your 128.
I am very cautious about running air horns without filters to protect the engine. But yes, they do sound good.

It is a bit expensive for time on a dynomometer so not common. But there are many that have done it, maybe some will see this and post their results.
Did you say you have a dyno at your shop?

Maybe a little off topic but while searching for something else I came across some pictures of manifolds for single IDF on SOHC Fiat engine:
20140220_162323_zps97e394c6.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

i dont go dyno yet. dont have time. i have for some days many manifolds for 1 idf. new. is good. give 60-70% power than 2 idf.

hi i have manifold for x19 and 128 idf weber drla dellorto. 200euro with shipping. if want any send me pm message.

Glad to see dyno sheets rather then "it feels so much faster" seat of the pants comments. Two years ago I had both a Lotus Elise normally aspirated and supercharged version in my garage. Both are based on the Toyota Corolla XRS 2ZZGE motor. One at 180 horsepower and the SC at about 240 horsepower. The 2ZZ has a stepped "all or none" camshaft advance feature. The normally aspirated one in first gear kicked you back in the seat at 5500 RPM till 8500. The SC version SEEMED rather SLOWER because it lacked that kick "feeling." The truth was the SC version was MUCH faster and the step disappeared in the faster actual pace. Jim, your English is very good! My Greek consists of Leionides and Plato...

Back