What are '74 struts worth? 1974 in SoCal

rturchan

Baja Bob
Ecology AP has a 1974 X19. I took the front spoiler ( perfect condition) the park lamps, seats (no covers or foam) , center console, misc hardware, and pulled the struts but left them since they were $30 each. The body is actually pretty good, but they want $1000 for it.
So, What are the struts worth?
I was thinking of including them with the 128 I have for sale.
Some Pixtures:
IMG_3106.jpg

IMG_3102.jpg

Bob

Last edited:
Hey Bob... Not sure what they are worth. But they are the insert type so you can have them cut and for lowering your car. Call me I will explain.. I for one could use that little plastic cover over the instruments. Looks like it might clean up. It takes a fancy alan tool to get it out. Let me know if you can snag it for me next time your up there... JJ:italia:

Grab that e-brake console...

...and choke knob...if it is decent. Those are toughies!

Deja Vu!

Interesting to see "radio/tape" selector switch.
An aftermarket artifact from days when tape decks didn't have radios.
Had that very piece in early '70s.

Regarding struts...
$30/ea for struts is OK if a guy needs 'em.
1300 strut housings have removable inserts.
NOS inserts are occasionally found on ebay,
but I think are NLA new.
Occassionally I've found good aftermarket inserts inside.
Mother lode would be finding Koni inserts...
Do ya feel lucky?

Rear upper spring perches have same phenolic pivot bushings as all X front strut mounts.
And usually not beat up like fronts.
These days, Plaia Pivots are far better for front,
but overkill for rear.
Otherwise, rear assembly is good for 128 lowering.
Or installing 1300 rear Konis on 1500 cars,
which use different upper perches.
They're common to all 1300 cars, so not hard to find.

Unlike the choke handle/assembly...

Re: Oh no...another grab that '74 part thread...

I'm guilty as charged... intake and exhaust manifolds if original. Even if the muffler is rusted all to hell, it's worth saving the downpipes if they're in good shape.

Good info, Thanks

I was thinking the struts would be for the 128 I have for sale, to add to the package.
I'll pick up the rear stainless trim, and the choke assembly when I go back.

Ecology AP has a 1974 X19...pulled the struts but left them since they were $30 each. So, What are the struts worth? I was thinking of including them with the 128 I have for sale.

If you're going to install the '74 x rear struts on the front of your 128, you'll want the entire X rear strut units with the coil springs & the plastic spring-perch spacers. To install them on the 128, you'll want to remove the X upper strut mounts & replace them with 128 upper strut mounts.

Back