What are the dimensions of the stock brake fluid reservoir?

kmead

Old enough to know better
What are the dimensions of the stock Scorpecarlo brake fluid reservoir and how does it mount.

The reason I ask is I am interested in relocating to the opposite side of the X and running the hoses only in the trunk instead of in the weather. This would also shorten the runs considerably.

I see that Montehospital offers a reproduction version of the Monte fluid reservoir and just looking to understand if the package of the unit would be better.

Thanks.

Nearest 1/4" is fine.

Two separate identical bottles. Of each, height: 3 1/2in, length: 2 1/2 in, width: 2 1/4 in. The hose is attached to the back going toward rear, horizontally, at the bottom. The bottoms of the bottles are fixed to a metal bracket that is 1/2 in high on one side, and 1 inch high on the other side. (Two bottles sit at different altitudes.) The bottom of a bottle has a small diameter protrusion which is held onto the bracket with a sort of pin. (I don't know what it is. I've never removed them.) The total height of the bracket and the bottles would be 4 to 4 1/2 in, or more, depending on the height of the bracket you would make. The height of a bottle, 3 1/2 inches, includes the length of the protrusion, which is about 1/2 in. I know this is not a complete information, but I hope this helps.

Two separate identical bottles. Of each, height: 3 1/2in, length: 2 1/2 in, width: 2 1/4 in. The hose is attached to the back going toward rear, horizontally, at the bottom. The bottoms of the bottles are fixed to a metal bracket that is 1/2 in high on one side, and 1 inch high on the other side. (Two bottles sit at different altitudes.) The bottom of a bottle has a small diameter protrusion which is held onto the bracket with a sort of pin. (I don't know what it is. I've never removed them.) The total height of the bracket and the bottles would be 4 to 4 1/2 in, or more, depending on the height of the bracket you would make. The height of a bottle, 3 1/2 inches, includes the length of the protrusion, which is about 1/2 in. I know this is not a complete information, but I hope this helps.

I see Montehospital offers 2 versions; US spec (Scorpion) is two separate clutch-type (small) reservoirs, and Euro spec (Montecarlo) is a dual-chamber single-body reservoir (like the X1/9's). [Price: 53 pounds = 71 USD + shipping].

They also have Scorpion/Montecarlo rear brake calipers (38mm I assume), and master cylinder (large bore I assume)...shouldn't all this be a direct fit on the X? But it isn't cheap. Karl, look under the "performance parts" section, brakes subsection, free down loads of brake calculators (to help design brake upgrades).
A decent selection of suspension items (isn't this the same as X1/9?).

Other interesting items:

For electrical system improvements they offer relay kits to route a healthier 12V supply for various items such as starter, headlights, wipers, etc (like we have discussed many times), but they also have one for the engine ignition supply: http://montehospital.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=95

For the 'spider' version of Scorpion, a replacement roof panel that has the Zagato style "double bubble" contour. We've discussed the idea of making a light weight carbon-fiber replacement roof panel, so why not incorporate the "double bubble" shape as well: http://montehospital.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7&products_id=117

EDIT: I saw this thread in the "new posts" list and did not notice it is from the X1/20 forum, so my comments were directed at X1/9 people. Sorry for the confusion.

Back