What did you do to your X1/9 today ?

These were the stock wheels on a U.S. ‘74 I believe. The drawing is somewhat confusing though, so I’m not 100% sure. I had one in my spare compartment, likely with the original rubber on it.
I'm talking about the CD-27's on that beautiful little red X with the chrome bumpers. As a matter of fact, I think I will start hunting for a set.
cd27-5.jpg

Last edited:
205's on a 5,5" rim? IMO they are not wide enough to even hold 185's. At least if you care about road handling.
185's on a 5.5"/13 would be pretty much perfect. I have 185's on 6"/14's and they seem a pretty nice fit. On 13's they'd look even wider.
IMG_1993.jpg

Attachments

• 00t0t_jSPZKazusg6z_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
    00t0t_jSPZKazusg6z_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1628.jpg
    IMG_1628.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 78
These were the stock wheels on a U.S. ‘74 I believe. The drawing is somewhat confusing though, so I’m not 100% sure. I had one in my spare compartment, likely with the original rubber on it.
They were never stock in the US. They were aftermarket only. Very nice wheels,

CD-27s as I recall. Sanding those took days.
I am in lust with those wheels! Ties the steering wheel styling in. I can imagine those on my latest build with the Scorpion seat tops... perfect combo steering wheel, seats, wheels. About the only logical way circles can be incorporated into this cheese-wedge, angular car. BTW, anyone with a set of these wheels...feel free to try to sell them to me. I would literally build a car around them!
Midwest Bayless has the full set if you want buy them as they also have the car itself.

I received my new Magneti Marelli ignition switch. Not an exact copy and it's a bit heavier than the original but it looks like it will fit. Old switch had wiring hacked up and a melted connector. Doesn't have the key inserted detector but I don't use that.

Tomorrow or next day start under the dash to clean up wiring, re-mount steering column, patch in switch, and test out the new fuse panel.

Bought a vacuum coolant refill kit. My aftermarket rad for some reason has no air bleed on the top and it looks impossible to burp it.

I received my new Magneti Marelli ignition switch. Not an exact copy and it's a bit heavier than the original but it looks like it will fit. Old switch had wiring hacked up and a melted connector. Doesn't have the key inserted detector but I don't use that.

Tomorrow or next day start under the dash to clean up wiring, re-mount steering column, patch in switch, and test out the new fuse panel.

Bought a vacuum coolant refill kit. My aftermarket rad for some reason has no air bleed on the top and it looks impossible to burp it.
Consider adding some relays to take the load off the switch and hopefully ward off future melting. It would also be a great way to add more capacity with an additional power wire to the relays.

HI all added some Crome rings and some black wrap to my wheels , still another 6 weeks or so before taking car out ,to much snow and dirt around .

Attachments

• C60D015A-1D80-406E-9A3C-20422868D3FE.jpeg
    C60D015A-1D80-406E-9A3C-20422868D3FE.jpeg
    264.2 KB · Views: 86
(re)-painted my ATS classics after having the new Michelin Pilato 185/60R13 tires installed.

IMG_1918.JPG

I had painted them gold to go on the black '78. Now Duplicolor HyperSilver (base coat/clear coat kit) for the '74. New wheel bolts from MWB, and center caps off Amazon. Need to find an emblem to stick on there I think...

Then I took a wheel off the '74...

IMG_1917a.jpg

Studs! And no spacer. OK, test fit an ATS wheel - will obviously hit the spring so will need the spacer. But the studs are then too short so they need to come out. Fingers crossed they didn't use red LocTite!

Roy

(re)-painted my ATS classics after having the new Michelin Pilato 185/60R13 tires installed.

View attachment 60525

I had painted them gold to go on the black '78. Now Duplicolor HyperSilver (base coat/clear coat kit) for the '74. New wheel bolts from MWB, and center caps off Amazon. Need to find an emblem to stick on there I think...

Then I took a wheel off the '74...

View attachment 60526

Studs! And no spacer. OK, test fit an ATS wheel - will obviously hit the spring so will need the spacer. But the studs are then too short so they need to come out. Fingers crossed they didn't use red LocTite!

Roy
What‘s the latest regarding pollution control in Ontario - does this car have to be smogged? How often?

HI all added some Crome rings and some black wrap to my wheels , still another 6 weeks or so before taking car out ,to much snow and dirt around .
The one thing I quite liked about the Steelies was the chrome ring - thought it made the wheels look much better…

ATS classics on and out for a drive. New sport springs from Eurosport coming to fix that stance issue. And the door mirror I need to get from Cliff...

View attachment 60581

Roy
I think you put the front bumper blocks upside down. They seems a little high and the side up should be inclined while the bottom is more flat. Or maybe it's just the pic.

I think you put the front bumper blocks upside down. They seems a little high and the side up should be inclined while the bottom is more flat. Or maybe it's just the pic.
Really? Every photo I've seen has the more flat side up. Euro or NA.

Here's the MWB restored Sabbia '74 from the Bonhams auction:

128AS0012555_Bonhams_08-2019_8.png

Roy

Back