What do you think, sirs?

Fiatfiend

True Classic
IMG_1384.JPG

Looks terrible, you need more practice. I'll tell you what, make a couple more with a lime green top and send them to me. After that I think you'll have it down pat. :D

Looks terrible, you need more practice. I'll tell you what, make a couple more with a lime green top and send them to me. After that I think you'll have it down pat. :D

Glad you guys like it. That's the first time I ever used a sewing machine. I'm pretty pleased. Considering I am currently looking for work, I'd be happy to make up similar, simple patterns for a very moderate cost.

But, mainly, I'm really happy with the first one.

My kids are giving me crap about Batman, which I hadn't considered when I decided on yellow and black. :) :)

Very nice! Just the right amount of each color! You did the seats as well? My hat is off to you, if so. I assembled one seat from three and thought about all the work that would go into actually making new covers. There is a lot going on under the scene to make your seats look that good!
Regards

Very nice! Just the right amount of each color! You did the seats as well? My hat is off to you, if so. I assembled one seat from three and thought about all the work that would go into actually making new covers. There is a lot going on under the scene to make your seats look that good!
Regards

Thanks. I put the seat covers on and modified them but they are slip on covers from Iggee. For the price, they are hard to beat.

What did you use to attach and secure the material to the backside of the door card?

I used medium weight spray adhensive to glue down 1/4 inch polyester quilt batting material. The vinyl is stretched over that and stapled to the back as original.

Thanks for the response. About the staples. Are they going in straight or do they splay out so the sharp points don't come out the other end or are they sized perfectly so they don't punch through the door card? I used adhesive for my backside. It didn't work do well after a few months passed. I need a new solution.

Thanks for the response. About the staples. Are they going in straight or do they splay out so the sharp points don't come out the other end or are they sized perfectly so they don't punch through the door card? I used adhesive for my backside. It didn't work do well after a few months passed. I need a new solution.

Ah... yes, I was afraid to mention that. They didn't punch through the vinyl but they came through the card and you can feel them.

I couldn't find short enough staples. :(

Back