What is your favorite (non-X1/9) FIAT vehicle?

Both are Lancias, so are you including all products in the Fiat corporate portfolio?

Like for example their stylish shower drain covers? :p

American FTSTRWL000.jpg

Oddly but I don’t like any Fiat, there are only few things which I like in X19.
I have spent so much everything on it because all of You say that it bestest car You have had 😂

By Fiat I mean Fiat not Lancia or any other.

I would keep this to Fiat Fiat, not Ferrari, etc Fiat.
131 Abarth would have to be near or at the top for me but a 124 Abarth is always a crowd pleaser.

I have a few!

Fiat Abarth 105TC (I like the look of the bumpers/headlights the best - or a 130TC because - more power!)
Fiat Dino Coupe
Fiat Dino Spider
Fiat 8V
Fiat 128 Sport
Fiat 128 Wagon
Oh and yeah - Fiat Brava 2dr

I did have a 2013 Abarth 500 - I didn't really love it to be honest.

If I had to choose just one? - maybe a Fiat 128 Wagon - there's a member here who has a green one, I think it's nicknamed Split Pea or Green Pea - love that thing! :)

I always liked the 124 sport coupe (late 60's) as a kid in England, however, I've not driven any Fiats besides my Fiat 500 and 850 coupe (as a teen) and my wife's 500 sport. I really have no favorite, although I would like the 500 Abarth. I would base my opinion on how they drive.

Favorites that I own are my ‘78 124 spider. Smoothest, responsive engine ever with 4-2-1 exhaust, performance intake cam and dual IDFs. And, my 128sl ex hill climb racer.

Cars I lust after would be a 750 Zagato and just about any other “thoroughbred” vintage, out of financial reach Fiat.

I would settle for Courtney’s Rally.

Tell us more about your 128sl ex hill climb racer please Ernie.

Agree with your notion about 128s.

Ok, since this is a fun thread it won’t seem like we’re going astray.

This is a car that was pictured in Courtney Waters’ page on mirafiori.com in a section highlighting 128s from around the world.

I only know the history of the car based on info from the seller. Apparently, it was used for hill climb out west (I’m in Alabama) during the ‘80s and ‘90s. There are some campaign badges on the dash with places and dates. I brought the car down from Watkins Glen, NY.

This is a ‘75 128sl, painted red over the original white. It has a 1300 engine with an 1100 head, 34DMTR, header, full roll cage, Corbeau seats, 5-point harnesses. Suspension is stiff. Extra leaf spring and anti-roll bar in the rear. I haven’t checked, but strut inserts were advertised as koni.

The car is a blast to drive. Almost no braking for corners. I went to a performance driving school before doing auto cross the first year I owned it. The instructors kept telling me I had a lot of traction left, basically telling me the car could give a hell of a lot more than I could.

Autocross was fun, but by the next season I was on our farm full time in another county, so the the little red car just sits in a garage waiting for an occasional blast up and down the county roads. It has been a hit at North Alabama car events.

Fiat128sl_1975.jpg

Here’s a photo taken at a Cars and Coffee event I’ve hosted for a local charity since August 2011.

Last edited:
Back