What kinda mileage you guys get?

After all my rebuilt issues, everything is cool, literally, and the engine got 32 miles per gallon on FreakOut weekend, and 30 miles per gallon on a 4 hour New Hampshire trip.

Vinnie

That's about what I get

My '81 FI is getting 32-34 right now on non-Ethanol premium with a new oxygen sensor.

27 to 29 MPG

My 1983 X gets between 27 AND 29 MPG for my regular commute of 33 miles. 4.8 miles side roads and 27 miles at 75 to 80 MPH. I am running an overdrive Final drive also.
Bob

Three carbed Xs

1500/5spd, 2x1300/4spd, all three with 32 DMTRA carbs, usually drive with top off...

21-25 mpg depending on state of tune, phase of moon, and my current experiment with jetting.

FI has a lot to recommend it. I like playing with Webers, but I don't kid myself that that's because they're the best way of getting fuel into engines.

Vinnietee, sounds about right.

For what I understand about your car and its build up, the MPG sounds right on.

If you want better mileage, find a strada 5 speed ring and pinion. This will get you closer to 40mpg.

For my Uno Turbo X, I get just over 40 at 4,200rpm, which is 80mph on my gearing.

Hope this helps.

Eric

9 l / 100Kms = 26 mpg

but then again I'm averaging 5000 RPM and 90 Mph on a highway trip.... This is in my 1500 FI. Not so good in my 1300.

Fuel economy really improves at 120 KPh.

25mpg mixed freeway, street, and canyon driving. 10.5:1, big valves, and stand alone fuel injection. Right now its on rich engine tune, once I get it retuned I should see more power and slightly better fuel economy.

Overdrive ???

Hey Bob, could you tell us a bit more on that overdrive? where did it come from and how does that one work?

Vinnie had to be admitted

overnight! Ha! He and his wife spent an overnight visit to allow enough time for the "X-surgery".

We were able to fix his headlight issues completely, added the insertable headlight mod, (bob) brown wire mods, installed new quartz lamps and get other things in tip-top shape. He's got reserve power to the rest of the car now with the only noticeable power drain coming from the wipers.

The only thing i "broke" was the indicator for the parking brake.
I think I did it by adding fluid to his brake reservoir. It was low, and I think that's why his brake warning light was flickering. :) (pushing the button works the light correctly) So I think the switch or connection underneath the hand brake lever is at fault. (I didn't really break anything guys ;))

Hey Vinnie, I hope the journey back went well and that you got a chance to test those lights out on the road. You might have to aim them better, as we didn't adjust that. It was a pleasure having you both over to visit.

Funny, I was working on the wiper motor harness tonite on my car.

Removed each of the male spade connectors from the plastic connector one by one and polished up with 1000 grit paper and wire toothbrush.

Yup, it's a good light but

do note (I believe) it's a halogen lamp in a sealed beam housing, meaning the halogens aren't replaceable.

That won't mean a whole lot to you unless you want to experiment with different halogens.

Still, those lights should serve you well.

If it were me

I'd get the unit that takes the replaceable H4 even though it isn't DOT approved. You should go for it... I'm pretty sure there's plenty of room in the pod. Good luck with it and let us know the result(s)

In some areas the headlights must be DOT approved to acquire approval to drive the car on public roads (yearly inspection).

The housings that take the HB2 are so similar to the H4 ones that they can be made to cross over simply by removing a small sheet metal tab.

The real difference is the HB2 housings have the same crappy lens as other "sealed beam" style headlights. Diffuse patterns that throws light all over willy-nilly.

33.6 mpg in mixed driving

is the highest I've gotten. I haven't seen anything below 30 mpg in a while.

Jim in Atlanta

Back