Wheel spacer help needed

MarkB

Daily Driver
I'm trying to mount a set of CD91 wheels with 205/60/13 tires on my 82 X and see that the wheels will likely rub against the stock rear suspension components. Searching the archives, I've seen that people make reference to spacers being required to move the tire sidewall away from the strut and spring. I'm hoping someone could tell me based on experience how many spacers are required to get the required clearance as well as what other components are required, such as longer lug bolts, etc. Right now, everything appears to be totally stock with no spacers and the standard rally rims are fitted. Thanks.

The "Stock" setup is typically one 5mm spacer

The "Stock" setup typically has one 5mm spacer installed on each hub. Sounds like the rear spacers were removed at some point.

What year is your X? I am pretty sure that all models from 1980 on came with alloy wheels like the CD-91. The stock alloy-specific lug bolts (~33mm thread length) would work fine with CD-91s and one 5mm spacer.

Thanks Jim

Thanks for the info Jim. There are currently no spacers on the front or rear hubs so one of the PO's must have removed them. I'll try and get a set from Matt.

Back