Wheel value

EJP

Daily Driver
I may be selling the extra set of wheels I have for my X19. Being new to the Fiat world, I thought I would ask you guys for an honest opinion on what these may be worth? They are in very good condition. No curb rash. Should be repainted. Center caps are very good as well. One has a deep scratch at the edge. All others , no marks at all.
Thanks for the advice.
Ed
IMG_0110.jpg

From what I’ve seen, the center caps are probably worth more than the actual wheels.

I may be selling the extra set of wheels I have for my X19. Being new to the Fiat world, I thought I would ask you guys for an honest opinion on what these may be worth? They are in very good condition. No curb rash. Should be repainted. Center caps are very good as well. One has a deep scratch at the edge. All others , no marks at all.
Thanks for the advice.
EdView attachment 30519

Yep, the CD-179 wheels (nicknamed "Trons) are the Rodney Dangerfield of X1/9 wheels. Heck, people like the steelies twice as much as these!

I'll bet that more people would warm up to them if the stinkin' caps weren't (a) so hard to find in good shape and (2) so hard to keep on the car 'cause the retaining ears bust off if you look at them the wrong way.

If I wasn't looking for another set of wheels and you offer them at $200, I wouldn't hesitate to get them.

BUT if I was looking for a set of wheels and I like the look of them, $400 seems like a faire price to me. (Just to start the "price fixing thing",other may have different opinions).

I would agree that the covers are of more value than the wheels themselves unless the wheels are in perfect condition and you meet one of the three people looking to create a concours level restoration of a Bertone X1/9. In which case they would niggle over some of the paint issues etc and refinish them.

Just my opinion. Personally I really dislike them. Had them, was happy when the time came to get rid of them and trade them for a nice set of OEM alloy wheels off an early 80s X. Thanks Jeff!

I have no idea what they would be worth but of all the wheels for an X they are likely the least valuable due to the issues with the caps

Last edited:
And to think I gave away a set of good Tron center caps, but kept the wheels. What a dope. :oops:

Back