Wheeler Dealers

Xmember

True Classic
Does anyone else love the Wheeler Dealers shows on Discovery channel UK? (I watch via Youtube) Anyway Ive written emails to Mike the host requesting an X1/9 episode. Im urging anyone else who would like to see an episode on the X1/9? Below is a link to his site, and for those of you who have a face book account, there's an add as friend icon on the page where you can message him directly. And if your reading this and asking yourself what is "wheeler dealers", goto youtube and watch a few episodes then go and request he do a show on the X :)
http://www.wheelerdealer.com/

Dino GT4 episode
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiO8KkAjHPM"]YouTube- Wheeler Dealers Ferrari Dino 308 GT4 part 1[/ame]

Last edited:
Great episode...

That was really a good episode, I watched it on youtube, being here in the states.

It was really a cheap car initially, about 16K in USD. I think most anyone familiar with Ferrari's noticed that they paid no attention to the timing belts, which is an absolute obsession with most Ferrari folks, and they didn't even mention it.

I will say this much, I'd find it very very difficult to buy a car from a fast-talker like that, he seems like a con man, the overly impressionistic language. They both repeatedly referred to the 308GT4 as a 'super car' which it is most certainly not, it was one of the cheapest Ferraris, the BB 365 and 512 were the Ferrari flagships in those days and the Lambo Countache was the unassailed uber-car of that era, though the 512 BB was actually rated better. If it wasn't for that other dude, the mechanic, Mr. Mouth would be nowhere, he literally gets thousands in labor for free, and the guy is good, he's far more interesting to watch than the mouth dude.

I think most of the guys at Ferrarichat.com would have totally sliced that car to bits and discouraged anyone from buying it. No documentation, no tools, bad exhaust, they would have howled for weeks and looked down up whomever purchased it. I liked the car though....

Last edited:
The show is also on Tuesday nights on Discovery HD, which also has a lot of other cool car shows: Auto Trader, Chasing Classic Cars, Beetle Crisis, etc. I love Tuesday nights!

yeah the show isnyt really about restoring cars, its bringing worn out cars back to life enough to be used and sold as a profit. I agree whith what your saying, and I basically watch it for Ed the mechanic, as he's all around a good mechanic. Maybe the Ferrari episode was a bad first impression, watch the Fiat 500 one, they completely restore it :eyepop:

The show is also on Tuesday nights on Discovery HD, which also has a lot of other cool car shows: Auto Trader, Chasing Classic Cars, Beetle Crisis, etc. I love Tuesday nights!

I think Discovery HD changed their name, at least on my cable provider it appears as HD Theatre, they are showing the Saab 900 as I type this.

I spoke to Ed China Last year at the Birmingham Motorshow. They had a live wheeler dealer stand and were getting the audience to ask questions. Seeing as their faces were looking a bit fed up when the kids at the front were asking 'what is your favourite colour car?', I decided it was my chance to ask them an X question - so I did. They came down to me at the back of the stage - Ed China is a massive bloke! I asked him if he had any experience working on X1/9s - he laughed and said they were a really cool car. Apparantly his mate had a gold one back in the day which always suffered from head gasket problems! They are at the NEC every year. My parents went the previous year (both petrol heads - modified mx5 and honda s2k) - MIke Brewer asked the audience if anyone was restoring a car. Bless my mum, she put her hand up (on my behalf) and mike handed her a can of wd40!!

lol nice story. they both seem like good people on the show. Naturally Mike has to personify that fast talking used car salesman type, but its strictly as an example type thing to demonstrate the type of salesman you might cross when dealing with used classics. Same goes with Ed. In some of the shows he doesn't mention some of the stuff he has to do or get into too much detail on some things. The show is basically just a brief summery to give a general idea of flipping cars and buying used cars. I love the show and think its a good idea.

PS; does anyone else think Mike resembles a British version of William Shatner?

Back