Wheels tires story (Problem Solved)

Shawn - Did you contact him before the purchase ? Those don't have the stock bore or offset for the X1/9. They are cheaper than the sets he sells that are listed for X1/9 application, so I am curious about the fitment...

Shawn,

Looks like Mark Allison is selling the Monza wheels which look a lot like the Rotas, but less expensive. I think you'll like the look. Also the price on the tires looks good.

Enjoy the new look & feel.

Mike

Last edited:
Shawn - Did you contact him before the purchase ? Those don't have the stock bore or offset for the X1/9. They are cheaper than the sets he sells that are listed for X1/9 application, so I am curious about the fitment...

Say's they fit X1/9 without Modification Hussein :)
X1/9 right on the listing...

"
You are buying a set of four (4) Monza wheels that fit all Fiats; 124 Spider, X1/9, 131 and the new 500, Pop, Sport, Lounge, Turbo and Abarth models. They are an alloy wheel, 15x6.5 with a 4x98 bolt pattern and 20 offset. No spacers or adapters are needed. They are compatible with TPMS sensors. The wheels include the center cap with a red scorpion logo on a black background. These are hyperblack color.
We have chrome valve stems and chrome lug bolts available in our ebay store "

I got the Chrome Lug Nugs too...lol

Do you happen to know.....

If this company will drop ship to an installer in the US? Or perhaps to a person's home?

PMC tire

I'm pretty sure they ship in US ... on the web site mention "Fast delivery International"

I have no issue with that company.
I think it will be a good idea to sent an Email or call to validate.

5RFVZOF.jpg

Looks like Mark Allison is selling the Monza wheels which look a lot like the Rotas, but less expensive. I think you'll like the look. Also the price on the tires looks good.

Enjoy the new look & feel.

Mike

Thank you Mike :)

I hope Big Bird is coming along too :)

Suggestions?

I'm apologize for that news, did you sent an Email or call ?

I'm really surprise when I pass my order on april 18 they told me they have 70 in stock and I pass an order for four.
Monday I will call and ask for that size to validate if they really out of stock.

As I said I bought 4 tires but use only two for the front and keep the 195-45/R15 for the rear.

If you are interested I can check what would be the cost of shipping for my two news spares tires to you.

Last edited:
Shawn/Yves,

Shawn,

Big Bird is coming along nicely one step at a time. With some expert help recently the whole brake system including clutch master has been replaced with the exception of the hard lines and fluid reservoirs. Also got the leather covered dashboard from Henk installed and the old Bird is looking real Purdy. Let us know how you do with the wheels.

Yves,

All I can say is that Kermit keeps getting better looking all the time. You've got a keeper there.

Mike

Shawn,

Big Bird is coming along nicely one step at a time. With some expert help recently the whole brake system including clutch master has been replaced with the exception of the hard lines and fluid reservoirs. Also got the leather covered dashboard from Henk installed and the old Bird is looking real Purdy. Let us know how you do with the wheels.

Yves,

All I can say is that Kermit keeps getting better looking all the time. You've got a keeper there.

Mike

Mike,

Sounds like it's coming along then.
Yeah I'm having some brake bleeding blue's. Our car's hate being bleed! lol

The Wheels and Tires are on and looking great! Haven't got to test them yet. I'm going to have to drop my gas tank and refurb it.
Not fun, But necessary!

Decided to gum up on me. Pulled the big lower hose and dry as a bone.

Shawn

Hi Yves...

I have been corresponding with Aaron at Vick's about the wheels that I would like to purchase from him. After our conversations, I decided that I would buy those wheels and pair them with the 185/45/15s that you had purchased from PMC. The combination eliminates any issues about interference from the wheel well liners or the springs, which is what I want. I had gone to the PMC website earlier in the week from the link you posted and it took me directly to the page where the tires are listed. However, last night when I went to purchase the tires, I clicked on the same link and it took me to a generic PMC page for summer tires. I tried to find the tires using their "order by size" function, but no luck. I tried to order by brand….again, no luck. I assumed that they must have had only a limited number and sold out, but then saw your post here indicating a significant stock so I decided to email them and inquire about availability. I hope it's just a website glitch and they still have the tires. I'll let folks know what I find.

Cheers.
Mike

Additional details....

Hey Yves. I got an email response from the folks at PMC tire this morning. They said they don't ship to the states at this time. They didn't answer the question about availability of the tires in question. I may have found a source for them in the US, but I don't know yet. And if so, they are still expensive ($160 per tire, which seems a bit over the top). If you call PMC, perhaps you could find out if they still have inventory. I'll continue to keep folks posted.

Hi Yves.

The company that I came upon is called Black Forest Industries. Their website shows multiple Nakang tires in a 15 inch radius with different widths and aspect ratios. I sent an email to them yesterday but haven't yet heard back. When I do I'll let you know. Their price is $120 per tire, and the price of shipping is not clear. The company's phone number suggests they are in Raleigh, North Carolina. I plan to call them tomorrow. To be honest, $120/tire seems a bit steep, but if that's what is necessary I guess that's what I'll do. Let me know about what you find from your sources. Cheers.

Call

Mike,
I call PMC Tire and the tires size 185-45/R15 still available, they have 32 in stock. The problem is with the Web site and should be fix tomorrow. Also I ask if they ship to US and they don't :-( .

I check the second source "ClicTire" and they will have that size only on june 16 ... also they don't ship to US.

Is this pic. with your final 185/45/15 (fronts) and 195/45/15 (rears) or is this your original setup using the 195/50/15 in the rears?

It looks really good :wink2:

The first setup

Pete the picture is the original setup, fronts 195/45/15 rears 195/50/15.

I agree they look good but ... I had to comprise and I'm really happy with the final setup :).

Back