When you pride yourself on being a car enthusiast and then you watch this-

Awesome! Thanks for posting!
This is what's missing from today's cars.
You can't produce a car like this unless everyone involved uses the designers vision as their mantra. One man's vision, of what the perfect car should be. Of course it doesn't hurt to have an automotive engineering and design genius as the visionary.

I love that shifter console and dash/switches.

I gues that concrete floor is too cold to stand on it in socks for 40 minutes :/.

And here is a tire in wrong direction :D
B9865342-B4A5-45C6-9CBA-85BB3BE5E715.png

Over the decades there have been a handful of very cool 'road' cars with a center driver seating position like this. We even discussed it on the forum a few years ago. I've always wanted to do that for a one-off custom, even if it isn't really practical.

One of my favorites:
three-seater-ferrari-365-p-berlinetta-speciale-heads-to-auction-photo-gallery_2.jpg

Nice to see GM able to design and produce a newer version of the F1. This is what "McLaren" should have done except they made the choice of profit over purity of design. By going in this design direction GM is on a road less traveled and likely going to alienate a good number of potential buyers.. regardless, they have likely already sold the entire first production.

Appears to be a very real driver's car with little if any "garbage" for drivers.

"vent in the rear" reminds me of GM's Brabham BT46B Fan Car.. Chapman screamed bloody hell over what GM did (quick in mind calcs notes rather absurd amount of down force possible with a modest fan applied. I've been considering something like this for the LeMons exxe). Yet GM was not the only one Jim Hall also did a "sucker car". both worked too good.

The torque over hp note is an important one as this is why the idea of installing a stock Saab B234R into the Lancia x1/20 as that turbo engine is much about mid-band torque, not hp. mid-band torque is where most of road driving occurs and why it is SO important for a road car over absolute hp.

The other recent design of purity with not a lot if any "Garbage" is the Dallara Stradale:

What most might never realize, the exxe can offer an absolutely remarkable driver experience at remarkably low cost.

Bernice

The torque over hp note is an important one
I've always agreed with that whole heartedly. Unfortunately "HP" numbers seem to be what everyone wants to brag about.

Bernice, there was another "budget class" race car that used a suction fan very successfully. It was a few years ago in the Grassroots Motorsports competition that limits spending to the year value. They started with a Corvette convertible, stripped it and installed a fan in the "back seat" area with ducting to the undercarriage. There may be more info on that one in the GRM archives.

Really engaging video - clear & concise explanations of everyting - without all the marketing hype & BS ppl usually throw out there. Thanks for posting this!

Back