Where are Alquati cams marked?

///Mike

'76 & '85
Trying to confirm the profile of the cam that's in the '76. Thought those cams were marked with an "A xx" number on the rear face of the shaft itself but all I found there was a "7" on top of another "7". Pretty sure neither of those is an "A".

Is my terrible memory playing tricks? Is the mark elsewhere?

TIA,

///Mike

Thank you Jim!

Turns out the 77 makes since in light of SteveC's post. The cam in question is supposed to be an A16 40/80 profile. Guess it is, based on the 77.

Many thanks for finding that for me.

///Mike

No problem

I don't know why people complain about the old Xweb 1.0 search engine. ;)

Actually, I don't either. I can usually find a lot of info on a particular subject.

Frankly, I didn't think to search for this one. Which is not good, considering how frustrated I used to get when a noobie would ask something that had been answered dozens of times before.

The archives are full of great stuff. I'll try to remember to use the search function more in the future.

Thanks again,

///Mike

Alquati never actually ever made camshafts, they were a reseller, the cams they once sold were all Pittatore manufactured cams...

Alquati A16 is a Pittatore # 77 grind ... 40/80 10.35
Alquati A16/377 is a Pittatore # 377 grind ... 28/68 10.9
Alquati A16/1 is a Pitttatore #87 grind ... 42/82 10.6

Alquati only ever marked the box, and the small spec card that came taped to the cam with the A** number... Pittatore stamps their grind number on the rear of the cam.

SteveC

Back