Where does this bracket attach on Exhaust?

duderduderini

True Classic
hi guys
content_round.php
fiatexhaust.jpg
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/706/fiatexhaust.jpg/

I have the Australian version exhaust with the setup shown in the image. My downpipes had cracked where they meet the muffler and given my muffler only was attached via the straight bar which in turns mounts to the gearbox... I was wondering how the bracket numbered 66540 attaches.
Thanks to all
Nick

74 style

That bracket was only on the 1974 USA and Canada models.

The bracket is mounted off of the transmission case bolts and at the muffler has 2 through bolts to hold it. The Exhaust system moved as one with the engine and transmission.

TonyK.

Grimsby Ontario Canada

The lower bar is supposed to mount to the lower engine mounting... which has a similar extension that comes to meet it.

The upper bracket attaches to the gearbox, and is what the australian spec 1500 5 speed is fitted with, and all european carb versions have this too.

Yes I got the message, I'll need to buy you the muffler and then figure out what the postage is and you can shoot me one payment.

I think I have a used upper bracket and the mounting hardware, lower engine mounts are hard to find, but modifying a stock four speed one is pretty straightforward.

SteveC

I have the lower mount

Hi Steve
I have the lower mount already.. at least i think i have,. the muffler i have unscrewed via 2 19 mm bolts as it has the lower straight mounting point. If you have the curved one with associated bits I would appreciate it
Thanks
N

Back