Where was Ulix and his yellow X???

Status
Not open for further replies.

User1

RETIRED Admin, pm OFF
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2><TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-TOP: 4px" vAlign=top colSpan=2>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Where was Ulix and his yellow X???<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]April 15 2000 at 6:07 PM[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<SCRIPT language=Javascript> <!-- var n54_em; n54_em = ""; n54_em = n54_em + "s";n54_em = n54_em + "h";n54_em = n54_em + "u";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "r";n54_em = n54_em + "_";n54_em = n54_em + "b";n54_em = n54_em + "u";n54_em = n54_em + "g";n54_em = n54_em + "_";n54_em = n54_em + "1";n54_em = n54_em + "@";n54_em = n54_em + "h";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "m";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "i";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + ".";n54_em = n54_em + "c";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "m"; document.write("Carl"); // --> </SCRIPT>Carl <NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT> [/FONT]</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom colSpan=3><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Met Mac and others at the Tullip Ralley, but I was really hoping to meet Ulix and see his sweet X...

Targas were off, and the sun was shining...well, some of the time...was pretty fun, for my first event..it looked like there were 5 or six X's there, and I am sure Mac will have more...plus give Ulix more crap about not showing up...

later
happy.gif
<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial] [/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]
closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Author[/FONT]</TD><TD>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Reply[/FONT]</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="17.9%">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<SCRIPT language=Javascript> <!-- var n54_em; n54_em = ""; n54_em = n54_em + "m";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "c";n54_em = n54_em + "@";n54_em = n54_em + "s";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "x";n54_em = n54_em + "1";n54_em = n54_em + "9";n54_em = n54_em + ".";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "r";n54_em = n54_em + "g"; document.write("Mac"); // --> </SCRIPT>Mac <NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT>[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 15px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->damn straight!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]April 15 2000, 9:48 PM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 15px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Ulix chumped out on us man!
sad.gif

He sure missed one hell of a great day!! I can't even begin to tell the whole story tonight, I'm still too elated over it all - simply incredible!

Of course, now here I am typing already, so I guess I better take a shot, but I am sure I'm leaving about 3/4ths of it out here. Hopefully if I miss something cool, some of you who went can chime in and help me out! ...

There were only 3 cars officially entered in the rally that were registered as representing SeattleX1/9, but nearly a dozen SeaXers were there. To give an idea of magnitude, nearly 200 cars in all were in the rally. Anybody got the club list??

We made quite a splash I can assure you! It was also GREAT to finally have a real event 'wheel to wheel' with the FENW club. Wow that was just - wow
happy.gif
the whole day has just been - wow!
happy.gif
happy.gif

I am still buzzing with glee, looking out the window at my X sitting there filthy & muddy with the white shoe polish numbers still on it - damn!

AND - I finally got to meet so many of our very own members whom I had not yet met in person! That was great indeed, as well that I think SeaX gained a few new members today to boot
happy.gif

Our very own Alisoun Lamb took home a win in the name of SeaX, and we are now known by many many more of the northwest clubs outside the Fiat realm...

After the event we got stuck in the worst traffic jam I've seen in a looong damn time, Holly & I idled creeping in traffic for 90 minutes through LaConner's (unrelated to the rally) tulip fest traffic & the X never even got hot! YEAH !!

Came out the other side of the jam & saw Greg Smith's green 850 Spider in the parking lot @ Victor's shop (BTW thanks for the little green landmark there Greg or I would have never figured out where the place was) - Hung out with Greg & fell in love with his car, got to have a great chat with Victor and totally demolish all his business records (!! sorry
wink.gif
) and then we were off!

Well, sort of - the '80 has cropped up with a charging problem which made us smoke & squeal coming out of Victor's shop for a minute - no biggie though in light of how much ass that car kicked today
happy.gif
and how much it was about to kick on the freeway!!

Got on the freeway, coming home: Greg, did you see that red X1/9 on the freeway??? I was just a short stretch ahead of you, and speeding up, and WHOOOOOOSHHHH!! the guy blew by me like I wasn't even moving!! WOWOW!! Wasn't even a car from the rally! I don't have a clue, he came out of nowhere, but what can I say?? I absolutely floored it!!

Holly & I were hanging on for our lives going after this guy! I finally got him & shoved a SeaX banner in the window at him (he saw it, it was hard to tell as FAST as we were going but I think he grinned) - WHO WAS THAT MADMAN?? He kicked 50 boy racers' asses just blasting through 'em like bowling pins in his X, with me in hot pursuit. It was wild - we need to find out who he is!!!!

That's all for now, will tell more as I come down a little - ULIX, I bought a little plastic toy hammer, the kind that goes 'squeakwhonk!' when you hit things with it... I'm gonna bonk you with it next time I see you for missing this one!
wink.gif

'squeakwhonk!!' uohgodmy smile muscles hurt!! -Mac.

[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial] [/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]
closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="17.9%">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<SCRIPT language=Javascript> <!-- var n54_em; n54_em = ""; n54_em = n54_em + "s";n54_em = n54_em + "h";n54_em = n54_em + "u";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "r";n54_em = n54_em + "_";n54_em = n54_em + "b";n54_em = n54_em + "u";n54_em = n54_em + "g";n54_em = n54_em + "_";n54_em = n54_em + "1";n54_em = n54_em + "@";n54_em = n54_em + "h";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "m";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "i";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + ".";n54_em = n54_em + "c";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "m"; document.write("Carl"); // --> </SCRIPT>Carl <NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT>[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 30px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Hey<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]April 16 2000, 8:24 AM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 30px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Hey Mac...wasn't that one guy...oh geeze what was his name, gosh, who was it...um did you ever remember to write it down? Oh yeah, wasn't Steve Ambrose there? At least at the start?

Pics will be on the way to you sometime this morning... <!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial] [/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]
closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="17.9%">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Alisoun[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 45px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Had a blast!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]April 16 2000, 2:26 PM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 45px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Had a great time meeting everyone yesterday and participating in the rallye. Let's do it some more! It was great seeing that many X's show up.

closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="17.9%">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Mac[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 60px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Alisoun you did great!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]April 17 2000, 6:38 AM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 60px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Congrats on winning in the name of SeaX, that made me grin widely (even if there was some confusion in the crowd about "who is Seattle-uh-X-1-slash-9??"
wink.gif

Now they know!!
happy.gif
Good show Alisoun! -Mac.

closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="17.9%">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Alisoun[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 75px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Aw-shucks!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]April 18 2000, 12:28 AM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 75px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Thanks! It was a lot of fun!
Looking forward to meeting more of the group in the near future. Have we got any more events coming up?<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="17.9%">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Mac[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 45px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->um, uhh - Steve Ambrose!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]April 17 2000, 6:35 AM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 45px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Carl is just giving me crap for being lousy with names. It developed into a running gag, me going around the rally scratching my head and screwing up everyone's names. Uhh, oh damn who is that guy again?!

Anyhow, I am sometimes bad with names, and it did not help that I met at least 2 Gregs, 3 Davids, a couple of Steves, yikes! Hard to keep track when you're as scatterbrained as I am! Hope I didn't offend anyone
happy.gif

Yes, Steve Ambrose was one of 'our gang' that showed up but was not competing in the rally itself. Several others also were there just for grins, including John Allen in his Scorpion - nice Abarth steering wheel John!

I was really impressed with all the X1/9s! Someone told me that we actually had more SeaX members turn out than FEN had there - I was kind of suprised at that, still not sure if it was actually true. There were so many people & cars that I couldn't really tell. All I knew was that many more of us showed up than even I had expected, and that was really cool!!!
happy.gif
-Mac.

closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="17.9%">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Ulix[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 30px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->squeakwhonk!!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]April 16 2000, 9:11 PM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 30px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Sigh.

I regretted not going around noon when the sun came out and it turned out to be a beautiful day.

I should have gone. I hope you guys took plenty of pictures!

Ulix<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

closeThread.gif
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 45px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->oh dude!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]April 17 2000, 6:18 AM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 45px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->We took plenty of pics. As soon as I can find the time (might be a little while) I'll get them developed & we'll post them in the 'Photo Gallery' for ya
happy.gif

Hope I wan't too harsh with that chump line - just yankin' your chain - but you really should have been there! It's all good though, you will know better next year
wink.gif
-Mac.

closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back