Which Adjustable Cam Pulley to buy

I have the Miller's Mule piece. It's very well made and I'd certainly buy another, but you might have to wait longer to receive it than if you ordered from a retailer.

///Mike

Two other great sources...

Obert and Midwest Bayless has them last time I checked. Nice ones too.
Brett

An interesting looking adjustable pulley is from Pipercams.
It has an integraded time scale on the wheel.

I like the piper cam wheel because it is already degreed. I have millers wheels for my spider. Still need to get them marked with degrees. Would have been excellent if they came marked already.

ALL NEW PARTS USED IN Adjustable Cam Gears - Vick

To the best of my knowledge it is the only one produced in the USA that uses ONLY new components.

70-5305.jpg

Oh, and the X1/9 engraving looks cool, too. Call for availability.

-Jerry Lee Phillips, owner VAS
1980 X1/9 daily driver

I have the piper cam gear, super cool but expensive. After you put the belt cover on no one knows what you have. It is purely for me just because I had to have it.

Timing.jpg

markings

Well, actually, behind a washer on each of our gears is a timing mark that will orient the installer to the original cam gear position.

The adjustment from there for those who want to, for example, advance intake timing for enhanced horsepower, is achieved by rotating the camshaft clockwise while holding the pulley stationary. You of course, rotate the cam, not the gear, so the timing belt can be set in position over all the gears.

One tooth of a gear is 7 degrees. The maximum one would ever consider adjusting the gear would be about 3 degrees, in fact, less than 1/2 of the width of a tooth.

For 2010 we provide an instructional sticker to assist our customers with installing this great, high quality product.

Call me if you have further questions. Everyone in the shop & store enjoy talking to fellow X1/9 enthusiasts.

-Jerry Lee Phillips, owner VAS
'80 X1/9
1 800 466 3428

I dont doubt its a high quility product. Does the new sticker come installed? Or is it something the customer installs? In my own opinion it just seems un finished with out the timing marks.

Well, the sticker is just for use in setting the gears

I appreciate your opinion about etching degree marks into the gears. Once set, and for many the initial setting of the gears, the degree marks are unnecessary, especially given a default marking (for stock setting) is provided.

I enjoy attending the Best of France & Italy as our company is an enthusiastic sponsor. If you are there in November maybe we could meet and I could show you our ACG. Then I could better explain how to set it up and use it to get better performance from your engine.

Thanks
-Jerry

Jerry... Youse guys are af BFI???

I've been going there for like 10 years now... I'm the fat guy... Just what do you or your booth look like?

Ask and ye shall receive.

The newest generation of our cam pulleys have laser etched degree marks. I will have pictures on my site when I get the chance to take some..

Remember, we make our parts in house (literally in our garage! lol). This gives us the flexibility to change things around with regards to detail work like this. If there is any suggestion to make them better we're all for it.

Also, for what its worth, we make all aluminum versions of our pulleys, which of course are made from all new materials. These are currently non-stock custom items machined upon request.

Happy motoring,
-Jason Miller

Back