Which way do I go?

E.T.

Daily Driver
The question I have is about carb's and manifolds.
I have a 74 1300 with a 40/80 Faza cam, the head has been shaved but I don't know how much.
I have 1 dcnf that need's a manifold and if that is unobtainable then it's on to twin carb's [yes JJ I saw your post].

Soooo... I have a 40 do I get another and the manifold for the pair or sell it and get the two 36 dcnf's that Matt has ?. Would the 36's be more midrange friendly?.

So far I haven't driven the car yet [waiting on struts] so I don't know where it's at. Currently has a 34 ..... dmtr?. I'm not a speed demon but I do like a twisty road.

Erk

All I got to say is watch the video... If you are thinking about twin 40s...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0TMWCOaQ0Q"]YouTube- 75 Fiat X-19 Faza Abarth Stradale Replica[/ame]

Keep in mind this is a stock 1500 with Twin 40s(that are both in need of a serious rebuild), A leaking intake manifold, low compression in two cylinders 60 and 75 in number 2 and 3, and a bad valve train, The valves were burning oil.... Now if this car sounds this mean with all of those things wrong??? Just imagine it with everything right...:dance2:

Ya know Erk... The DMTR 34 on a stock...

... manifold will be a nice combo with what you have. The cam is a bit radical though, and can indeed work well with twins and a header.

Why not try what ya have first... Couldn't hurt... Then upgrade later when you find a deal on a carb setup and header.

Oh and I have a header and complete exhaust if someone want to buy it.. I dont have a price yet but I can show you a quick video.....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNJfD0BNdts"]YouTube- M4H02810.MP4[/ame]

my vote

Is sell off all the carbs/manifolds you got and put that toward Matt's two 36's and a manifold

Radical cams...

...will idle much better with dual carbs than single carb.
The cypherin' types can 'splain all about inversion and reversion of air pulses
in unequal length intake runners with radical cams.
I've seen numberous examples of this on everything
from SOHC Fiats to thumpin' V8s.

A brace of 4 2bbl Webers on a V8 oozes libido.

The DMTR will probably work well and be less hassle in setting up.
Mike is, of course, correct in that idle with a hot cam will be better with the duals.
36 or 40 doesn't matter much, but for a 1300, the 36s would be better matched.
Setting up duals with the correct jetting can get expensive, so buying a complete set with correct jetting can work out "cheaper" than expected.

Don't try duals w/0 at least (!) high CR, a cam, and ultimately most important, a modified head.

Thanks to all who responded.
As Tony N. suggested I'll wait till I get on the road and decide after I get some mileage on it. If I'm not happy I think dual 36's will be the route I"ll take.

Erk

Erk... OK then, advice was free, now pay up with...

FOTOS!

I'm sure you'll like the performance of the single carb and it will be very street friendly.

And as JJ alluded to, when yur ready, there ain't nuttin' like the sound of a set of 4 screaming throats wide open.

Not for long trips with the wife or girlfriend though...

Back