Wiki: Call to arms...

dcioccarelli

Dominic Cioccarelli
Hi all,

I'd like to solicit everyone's help in contributing to our wiki. We now have all the correct security constraints in place to ensure that we are not flooded with spam. In addition, we have the possibility to host data directly in the Wiki, so dead links to external sites / image hosting will be a thing of the past.

The concept of the wiki is to conserve our collective body of knowledge. The forum does this to a certain extent, but is not as efficient as often information is repeated or difficult to find. The two media are complimentary.

Our wiki is currently (already) by far the most extensive X1/9 wiki available anywhere. Period. It can be made better though. I and others (e.g. Eric) have been adding some of the most important posts from the forum to the Wiki. I would encourage everyone who does a big write up or detailed response to also replicate the answer in a Wiki page (or just do a Wiki page and cross reference it).

So come on everyone, I can see that we have an extremely knowledgeable community! Now is the time to harness that knowledge and preserve it for posterity. So sign up, get yourself an account and start authoring!

Cheers,
Dom.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back