Will a Fiat 124 2000 engine fit an X19?

I think you need a Scorpion/Monte Carlo transaxle and it's my understanding that it requires alot of fabrication to make it work. I do know it's been done before.

Or a Beta gearbox. Do you have 6 months to work with? I've posted enough about my swap if your willing to search. The biggest problem with the 124 is that it's a vertical engine, and you'd want a Beta to get the rearward tilt. That or switch oil pump and pan on the 124.

It's been done

You might try the mirafiori archives...

I have a parts car that I scored when the owner abandoned this conversion - but he had already done a successful conversion once before.

He told me that the X bellhousing does not bolt up to the 124 motor; he had made a homebrew adapter (a steel plate with the appropriate cutouts and threaded holes) that I got along with the parts car. You're welcome to it if you want to give it a try... free to you because I have no use for it, but shipping will be stiff... Perhaps someone driving down for FFO would be able ferry it up?

well, that kind of answers my questions for now, I"ll have to plan this out a while before I pull the trigger (if I do).

If the engine was bolt-in with some new motor mounts or just fabrication to intake / exhaust to fit I would jump on it. the transmission matchup was key to my plans... putting this on the slow-burner (over winter project)

I have a Thema 2l engine that I plan on sticking a X one day, its the same motor that is in the Amworks turbo X1/9, and very similar to the Delta Integral motor only without all the fancy bits...
I would think a 124 motor would fit.

Amworks turbo X1/9 engine bay
moottori.jpg

Thanks for the heads up.

I'd think of that engine from MIdwest if I was looking for a better street-car and wanted to mess with it. I think it's out of the project price-range currently....but definitely worth thinking about

Back