will this fit a x ?

while searching for a part fr my SUV on ebay , i saw this , will it fit an X ? they look pretty light , and maybe we can save some weight , and i guess thoose take less power then the old collers we already have in our cars . I am sure Mr. Brown will give the verdict if is good or bad . I trust he;s judgement 100% on everything related to electricity :)
Item number:300487224326

http://www.racing-gears.com/racinggears/radiator/RAF-10.jpg
RAF-10.jpg

No Ovi, sorry, not without

modification. I have a set of these exact fans, and they are slightly too big in diameter. Maybe on a sirocco radiator would be OK, but they hang outside of an X1/9 original radiator. :(

They run a lot quieter too, BTW.

Bob... wait a minute...

How much bigger... and to WHAT disadvantage?

The blades will still draw THROUGH the radiator and if they are too long, then what? Are they hitting anything? If not, and the housing doesn't drop below the car (very much)... why can't they be used?

I believe the STOCKERS actually do not take full advantage of the area given to them...

I bought a pair of these (because I'm a genius, that's why) and yes, they are too big, but yes you can still mount them with some creative thinking.

They are about the exact height of the radiator but their width means that you can't mount them on the existing posts with any sort of ease.

I intend to figure out how to get mine on there as 9" fans are far too hard to find.

Bob, how do these fans work for you? I got a set of these from Ebay and I was going to use them on a Scirocco radiator, but then when I found out my stock radiator was in good shape I shelved them.

Now that I have the stock radiator assembled along with the fans and shrouds I'm rethinking it. That assembly is HEAVY.

Well, I never used mine.

I bought them thinking I could improve the air flow, but with the mods needed to fit them in, I shelved them too. :sad:
I currently have 2 original fans running. They make a noticeable rumble when I'm at idle but when driving they're hardly noticed.
They do work effectively, however.

I have installed a set like these on an old X of mine I remember getting them from summit they make a great difference. Especially in power consumption, air movement and noise reduction. Oh sorry if abused especially. If I had an extra radiator I am sure I could fab another shroud, well radiator and time helps too.

fans

Dang, I guess I'm lucky. I've never heard my fans turn on but I've never over heater either. I've been meaning to check their operation just to be sure----.

bruakeman, me neither.

I think I have a charmed life like Papa Tony. The stock fans work fine and I have to listen carefully to see if they are running. No overheating either. I wonder what the issue with fans is.

Back