window mirror replacements

myexonenine

True Classic
When I pulled my side mirror off I noticed that it weighed what I would call "allot", the thing is just too heavy for what it does.

Anyone here found a light weight replacement?

I don't care about weight but I'd like a passenger side mirror. I know some Xs had them but when I see them they seem $$.

Side MIRROR, not MIRRORS?

I found some inexpensive PLASTIC units at Auto Zone here in the states that were kinda meant for a small Ford Pick-up Truck. They mount on the "slab-sided" sheet metal, are "flag" styling, light weight, LOOK like the originals, don't vibrate, are EFFECTIVE and cost about 40 bucks for the pair.

fits into the glass

I should mention mine is an in glass version, its on the right hand side of the car. If I find a good replacement I might sell the original one...

I've got the same thing going on with the 83 I bought a few weeks ago. It has the cool 'thru the glass' drivers side mirror... nothing on the passenger side.

If one of these passenger side set ups (glass/mirror/trim) comes up on eBay/craigslist/etc... someone better post it or something so a few of us don't get into a bidding war over it!!! I want one eventually, but my car isn't going to be driven for quite a while... I don't want to get into some pissing match over a piece like that with one of you guys!:grouphug:

I should mention mine is an in glass version, its on the right hand side of the car. If I find a good replacement I might sell the original one...

I'd be interested if you do sell. I have the in glass mirror on the left side (passenger) and a metal mounted one on the right (door replaced after an accident?).
I could ask my brother to pick it up. He's in Kalangadoo and I might be able to convince him to go for a drive.

r/h mirror

i too have a rh (drivers side in aus) mirror and glass that won't be going back into my race car.
freight/postage from aus might be expensive though.
anyone know what the weight is?
could be interested in doing a swap/part exchange for parts i need from
the US.
cheers
pete

Back