Windshield Washer Switch Fix...

lookforjoe

True Classic
After I confirmed that the circuit was good, and that the pump operated, I cut the green/black wire exiting the column switch, and spliced in a momentary contact switch between that & the orange feed wire...

90034.jpg

90036.jpg

Switch (old 240 overdrive switch) is superglued to the back of the stalk.
90035.jpg

90037.jpg

not too many odds & ends left to fix :)

I knew it before I read it...

"... using parts from a VOLVO!"

HA... so...

What does it do... squirt or wipe?

Hey... I fully expect to see that EXPOSED wiring covered with a custom piece... and not wrapped up with electrical tape!

Now get back to work... post fotos tomorrow...

HA!

Hey... if ya do ever get done... why not buy an old 1600 Volvo Sport Coupe and modify it with Fiat parts! That oughtta keep ya out of trouble for awhile!

Squirt only. Just like the original. I could rewire it with a Volvo relay to sweep & squirt...:rolleyes2:

I left the wiring like that so that it wouldn't be too rigid & stress the switch connections. Also, I can't see it from the driver's seat :laugh:

I actually don't like the 1800's - you can't take the roof off!

"... using parts from a VOLVO!"

HA... so...

What does it do... squirt or wipe?

Hey... I fully expect to see that EXPOSED wiring covered with a custom piece... and not wrapped up with electrical tape!

Now get back to work... post fotos tomorrow...

HA!

Hey... if ya do ever get done... why not buy an old 1600 Volvo Sport Coupe and modify it with Fiat parts! That oughtta keep ya out of trouble for awhile!

Back