Dr.Jeff

True Classic
I intended to post this a couple days ago when I first saw it.

Adding a delay mechanism to the X's wipers has been discussed several times. There are a few approaches to it. One that has been suggested is the possibility of a unit sold for Lada's. It is a kit from the online Lada parts source that appears it might(?) fit the X's wire harness. Not only is it a "insertable" option that would not require any modification to the stock wire harness, but it offers a couple of additional nice features. Not to mention it is reasonably priced. I have not tried it and and cannot confirm if it works on the X or not, so this is purely to add a little extra info about it.

I saw a video showing the installation of the unit in a Lada. And some additional details on its functions. Here's a copy (click the second link forthe video):

If you don't like that your wiper arm engine on your Lada has only two modes with a fixed time between swipes, if you want to have three swipes every time you add water to your windshield, then you will like this product.

I installed this tuning wiper relay with pause regulation on my Lada in 2018. It works perfectly every time I need it.

I can set up a pause between the swipes in seconds while driving, and this is extremely handy in any weather conditions.

And as a bonus, this relay is connected to my washer engine. And once I add water to my windshield, I have three automatic swipes from my wiper engine.

I love this upgrade so much! Worth every penny.

Works for any Lada Niva and Classic Lada. If you have a mechanical hand washing button on the very first Lada, then you can't use the benefit of the 3 swipes.
Video installation tutorial (If needed - turn on subtitles and translation into your language on Youtube right bottom corner of the video)

Setting the delay time on this relay works the same way as with the VW relay that's been discussed here. It seems like a natural, logical way to set it, but would still take a little getting used to. And how often do you use the wipers?

Setting the delay time on this relay works the same way as with the VW relay that's been discussed here. It seems like a natural, logical way to set it, but would still take a little getting used to. And how often do you use the wipers?
Where I live, often.

A storm here can blow up over the lake or appear out of thin air in very little time. It rains here (normally) a great deal. One of the nice things about the targa top is how easy and fast it is to put on and how you don’t always have to put it on if one is rolling along at a decent speed…

Back