Wipers and Turn signals inop

SciFi65

True Classic
Hey guys, gonna get it checked tomorrow, but thought I'd ask here first. I got a new stereo installed at Best Buy on Saturday and just noticed that my wipers and turn signals don't work now. They did have to get into the fusebox during install (they called me and asked where it was). Took it back there today, but they're closed, but a guy happen to be there. He said to bring it back tomorrow and they'll troubleshoot the problem. I checked the fuse already and it's fine so it isn't that. What do you all think they did?

I think ya shoulda taken the car elsewhere when they asked...

... where the fuse box was.

HA!

We useta have a place called Builder's Discount and they had the LOUSIEST service and the CHEAPEST prices and were open every day but the Sabbath, which was Saturday for them... and before there was a Lowes or HD... they were THE place that all contractors and home improvement guys went. Take from the top, no choosing and load it yurself...

They had a slogan I've carried with me throughout my life and it especially works well on FIATs.

"Why pay for someone else's mistakes... when you can make your own!"

Ya might wanna consider that in the future as figuring out what they did wrong is a lot harder than figuring out what YOU did.

The possiblities are numerous, even if it was a blown fuse. Since you now have TWO items inop... I would first scan the drawings and look for what is COMMON between them.

Good luck...

Turn/hazard lights and wiper/washer have C14 (connector 14), C24 (connector 24) and G3 (ground 3) in common.

C14 is a 6-hole plug locate behind the instrument cluster.

C24 is a 12-hole plug located above the relay panel.

G3 is the grounding bloom under the LH side of the dash panel near the steering column. It has 10 items grounding to it, if you see unoccupied tabs, look for hanging ground wires.

Back