Woohoo! :)

User1

RETIRED Admin, pm OFF
Xweb 2.0 reached "55 Xheads per hour" today and (most of) the parts are not falling off :D

I think she's getting closer to roadworthy, or at least driveable! ;)

64 "Xheads per hour"

Ladies and gents we've achieved "freeway speed"! :D :cool:

64 Xheads per hour as of today (Monday lunch break Pac time I couldn't help but notice lol, thanks for stopping by! :))

Well gang she (Xweb 2.0) is slowly spooling up speed and so far we've not come apart or blown the engine etc, so far so good !

Yeap!! there`s a trend of many,many people coming here Mac..

But with that much "overflow" not many of them are actively participating.Can you tell if they are all registered users?......never thought/imagined of seeing that much hits here.This is great!!!
For me that means there`s lots of people outside there "just" lurking here but maybe afraid of posting and becoming regular users......
Whats your point of view regarding this as you are the one who really knows who comes and go here i guess?........Albert

Hi Albert :)

Thanks for your comments :)

I have not done any detailed analysis or comparison of usage/traffic statistics from N54 Xweb vs Xweb 2.0 (yet, I should though, sometime, just have too much else going on at present) but I can say a few things anecdotally...

First Xweb 1.0 displayed simple traffic in a different manner than Xweb 2.0 does. On N54 at the bottom of the DF it showed "users in the past 10 minutes", both registered and guests, and was usually somewhere between 10 to maybe max 20 users at any given time. Xweb 2.0 displays both registered and guests as well, but does so in a "past hour" timeframe, so really the traffic has not so much increased as just the "sample size" is larger...

So based on all that, I'd say the traffic on 2.0 so far is actually probably a little bit lighter than it has typically been on N54. This is to be expected in my experience as ANY TIME there's ever been big configuration changes to the forum a lot of otherwise chatty users will just drop into lurk mode a while and hang back to see how things develop, not sure why, human nature I guess, and then they all start trickling back in weeks or even months later after whatever changes have become the new "normal"...

Admittedly we are sort of in "uncharted territory" this time as we have not only made major changes to the system, as we have done many times over the years on N54, but, we have changed the whole system entirely, so it would be fair to say this is the single biggest change to ever come to Xweb in its history...

I assume based on past experience again that this is a big part of why we seem to have so many "lurkers" as opposed to "posters" at the moment, but I would say don't be too concerned about that, as time goes on, more and more will grow acclimated and eventually comfortable with the new system (as well as the new system itself will gradually improve more and more over time as I tweak features, fix bugs, try to make it more user-friendly etc) and over time we will begin seeing more "posters" emerge :)

Anyhow, thanks for your comments, I appreciate the interest! :D and hey if you ever want to see who is on the "past hour" visitor list, you can do that by clicking on "Now (Xheads per hour)" link out on the index page under "What's going on?". Clicking that will take you to the "Who's Online" page which shows a list of all the site guests in the past hour and what they were last doing. Kind of neat! :cool:

And for any paranoid/privacy types, you can also set your account (UserCP>EditOptions) to fly in "invisible" mode if you don't want to appear in the online stats etc.

88 Xheads per hour! :eek:

Where's our "Back to the future X" pics?? ;)

We just hit 88 Xheads per hour around lunch today! :eek:

I didn't notice it earlier, but popped by now and spotted there were 65 here just this hour!

Thats when I glanced down and saw it - Cool :cool:

newjo1.jpg

Now thats a little bit more like it! :D

Darn!!...I`m not on that list....

well,too much work i guess......next time for sure:headbang:(mac ,i love this one)

Back