Worthy of it's own thread - COMPLETE FI SYSTEM

azxhead

True Classic
FI parts...

Sorry if this is redundant for some but I just think that this set deserves it's own post - for those interested that might not want to wade through a post for breaking an entire car.

This includes MOST EVERYTHING you will need to convert your Carbureted car to Bosch L Jetronic Fuel Injection - including FI specific fuel tank, Exhaust Manifold (not pictured), down pipe with lambda probe, fuel pump, all electro-mechanicals, and all brackets for every purpose. It also includes both complete uncut wiring harnesses, ECU and bosch dual-relay.

If it's part of the Bosch system, it's included. Not pictured are the exhaust manifold and valve cover with correct linkage for FI, but they are included.

This system worked perfectly up until the time it was removed.

Price for the system as listed (no FI head) $450

Price for the entire system including a stock 1500 FI head (not pictured now)... $500. Head is in good clean condition. It was removed and replaced with a Yugo 1100 head.

Price for the entire system - including the modified for FI Yugo 1100 head $600

Shipping would require at least two boxes - one that is medium in size and weight and one that is long and skinny. I am guessing shipping to be about $75 for the entire system ($100 with a head). If it's more, I will absorb it. If it's less I will refund it.

Last edited:
Blower system?

Just a friendly question for clarification as I am not a potential customer for this, is the FI blower system also available?

The merits of the FI post-run blower system have been up for debate, but someone who might want to convert to FI should be aware of the blower system and might want to know if it is available as well.

The major components would be:
1. Motor and blower unit in trunk
2. Plastic duct from motor to trunk-to-engine-bay access panel with integrated duct
3. The trunk-to-engine-bay access panel with integrated duct itself
4. Cover/finisher panel for #3
5. Red silicone hose from engine side of #3 to tee duct that sits under the FI plenum
6. The tee duct that sits under the FI plenum itself
7. The blower fan temp sensor and square aluminum mounting bracket mounted on right rear of cam box

This system never had any of that.

I bought the car this way and none of that was included. Whether or not it actually needed may be debatable, I suppose. However, I can tell you that this car was driven in Arizona with no heat related issues at all. There was one point when after the car had ran for a while and then sit for a half hour or so, it was very hard to start. That was caused by a faulty cold start valve, not the heat issue. The short term fix was to disconnect the ground to the pump, crank until it ran and then plug it back. The long term answer was to replace the CS Valve with a good used one that works properly.

Now that I say all of that, it makes me think why I wanted a FI car in the first place. My carbed 78 would vapor lock often, and/or run poorly when it was hot (100+:sun:) and traffic was slow.

I really do need the cash for a very important goal. But, if it does not sell, I would not be too heartbroken to keep for when/if finances allow me to get back to work on the 78. Until that day comes, it will remain for sale.

Thanks for the clarification though!

as of 9/29/13

all of these parts are still available as a complete set EXCEPT for the Fuel tank. The fuel tank is sold. Make me an offer if you are interested in having most everything else you will need to make the conversion to Bosch FI.

I will offer the set for a few more days. Individual parts will be available after 10/3.

Last edited:
I say the blower is a good idea... if it works well or not is a different question (it's in a trunk, which is hot, the fan gets little/no fresh air other than through leaks above the wheel arch.

It makes the injectors last longer.. well, at least #2 and 3 :)

Back