WTB: 13x8 wheels

DanielForest

True Classic
Hi,

What I'm looking for is a set of 4 wheels, in good shape with the right offset for an X1/9 in a 4x98mm bolt pattern. No wobble bolts for me. I'm especially interested in PLS, Gotti, Mad'in and Fondmetal wheels. Not really popular on this side of the pond.

ATS classic would be my next choice. I don't like the BWA's. The Panasport/Minilite wheels are OK but too "soft" for the angles of the X1/9. I may consider the "old" Campagnolo or Cromodora like the one seen on the 131 Abarth but they aren't my first choice unless I found a good deal. Same for the O.Z. wheels

2 or 3 piece wheels, like the Revolutions would be OK also.

I could consider a pair of 13x7 with a pair of 13x8.

I'm often lurking on eBay and/or Kijiji from Italy, UK, Germany and France and some other sites like Autobelle.it

My price range would be 500 euro/750US to 1200 euro/1500US + reasonnable shipping fee. But the highest the price the more I would expect something exactly to my taste!

If you found something, let me know.

Daniel Forest
1987 FSP X1/9
1980 GP X1/9

Daniel,

I have set but they won't be ready to sell for a while (they are on the car for the time being). I am going to let them go probably after December if your interested. Will come the rubber too.

You will need a couple of spacers with stock suspension. Maybe one with coil-overs depending on what you have.

They are the "star" BWA 13x8. I don't know the offset (sorry) but someone here might know and can chime in. As I mentioned, you need some spacers. Also they are not hub centric, so need centering rings. I have the hard spastic ones from Matt and will come with if you like.

photo+%252855%2529.JPG

Not sure if you can get to this link:
https://plus.google.com/photos/1110...057528691987659216/albums/5746184497772944689

PM me if you like em.

Last edited:
Hi,

What I'm looking for is a set of 4 wheels, in good shape with the right offset for an X1/9 in a 4x98mm bolt pattern. No wobble bolts for me. I'm especially interested in PLS, Gotti, Mad'in and Fondmetal wheels. Not really popular on this side of the pond.

ATS classic would be my next choice. I don't like the BWA's. The Panasport/Minilite wheels are OK but too "soft" for the angles of the X1/9. I may consider the "old" Campagnolo or Cromodora like the one seen on the 131 Abarth but they aren't my first choice unless I found a good deal. Same for the O.Z. wheels

2 or 3 piece wheels, like the Revolutions would be OK also.

I could consider a pair of 13x7 with a pair of 13x8.

I'm often lurking on eBay and/or Kijiji from Italy, UK, Germany and France and some other sites like Autobelle.it

My price range would be 500 euro/750US to 1200 euro/1500US + reasonnable shipping fee. But the highest the price the more I would expect something exactly to my taste!

If you found something, let me know.

Daniel Forest
1987 FSP X1/9
1980 GP X1/9

When Mark Plaia originally designed my race car he specified 8" wheels. Later we changed it to 7".
I have two sets of 8" wheels, one has rain tires (I plan on keeping those for the moment), and the other has a set of road race tires that are not quite worn out (used only on occasional Sundays by two old men).
Of course everything that makes them fit an X19 as you have requested is correct. But you will need to use coil overs to clear on the inside, and wide fenders to clear on the outside.
Here is what they look like http://www.fiatplus.com/13-x-7-alloy-wheel-set-c-10573-p-26-pr-279461.html

Chris Obert

Thanks...

Hi,

I'm happy to get those suggestions.

Tim, the BWA are not really my cup of tea... But keep me inform, who knows...

Chris, thanks for the offer but I would like something more "special" looking. I already got Diamond wheels that are doing the jobs but look..., well, cheap! (What they are).

And yes, I have coil-overs and the same rear flare than Tim (Abarth stradale) that I may complete with front flares with recesses (miata, Z car, ?).

Henk Stile Auto (Cromodora CD66 replica) would look good with the flares but I would like something, while period correct, complementing better the modern lines of the X1/9 (it's a matter of taste). Still they are an option, but I have found some in 8 inches widths in Europe.

If you are aware of something else, I'm still looking. In fact, I'm in no hurry. I'm in Canada and winter will be long!

Daniel Forest
1987 FSP X1/9
1980 GP X1/9

Last edited:
Back