WTB: 1500 10 Bolt Cylinder Head

eurovintage

Low Mileage
Hi there, new to the board though I have been reading for years. Currently rebuilding a 1500 and I am in need of a good 1500 10 bolt cylinder head if anyone has one available. Thanks!

I have one...

I need to make sure it's a 10 bolt and not a 14 bolt.

Also I thought 1500 heads could come in 2 different head bolt sizes, I think it's M10 vs M12. I'm fuzzy. Hopefully someone can clarify.

PM me and I'll send some information on what I've got.

Pete

If you are still in possession of the one that came with the engine, it might be helpful to list the FIAT part number cast into the head.

As Pete mentioned, there are differences....carb or FI, small head bolts/big head bolts, etc.

I am looking for the 10 bolt w/ 12mm studs and preferably a carbed head... I can work on a part number if needed. Unfortunately I do not have the original head...

The one I have is FI...

I am looking for the 10 bolt w/ 12mm studs and preferably a carbed head... I can work on a part number if needed. Unfortunately I do not have the original head...

I think they are backwards compatible with carbed, the FI notches just go unused. But if you specifically must have a carbed head, that puts mine out of contention.

Pete

heads

I have 5 heads. all ten bolt 12m.m.
I could be mistaken, if so I do need to be enlighten.
the only head that was 1500 and carbed was 79.(ferget all states except ca.) the only difference was the air injection was through a port drilled in the head by way of the thermostat mounting on the head. hence the new housing and gasket with a port for the one way check valve.
then they then went to the smaller studs and bolts mid 82 and went to the 14 bolts setup later. they still had a shoulder at the top to accommodate the interem year conversion. then they went to the smaller size and had a "torque to yield" setup. 35 fp. initial. mark the bolt (paint) to its location and twist 45 degrees. remark and 45 more. and again once more. the fiat mechanics I worked with went 68 fp. and done. too much time to get correct.
anyway, please correct me if I am wrong. a 1300 head will work as well as a f.i. head. just eyeball the thermo housing. if you need one, I got one
email me if you want one with exactly what yer werken on:nod:
mikemo90*aol.com

Re: 1300 head vs. 1500 head

the only head that was 1500 and carbed was 79.(ferget all states except ca.) the only difference was the air injection was through a port drilled in the head by way of the thermostat mounting on the head. hence the new housing and gasket with a port for the one way check valve.

anyway, please correct me if I am wrong. a 1300 head will work as well as a f.i. head. just eyeball the thermo housing.

It should be noted that the 1500 head has 33mm exhaust valves, whereas the 1300 has only 31mm. So a modified-for-FI 1300 head will "work", but will be a bit short on breathing with the smaller 31mm exhaust valves compared to a 1500 head. :2c:

10 bolt 1500 head

I have one in Angier, NC, but again it is an FI head. I have the complete setup head, plenum, fuel rail, runners, injectors, fuel pressure regulator, TPI switch, exhaust header and down pipe. Probably more than you are interested in.

Head

I also have a 79 head the valves were re-seated and new valve guides installed. shipping would be from Portland Oregon

Last edited:
Back