WTB: Hose & Cable Bracket from FI Car

Dan Sarandrea (Phila)

Waitin' On Parts...
Hi gang, yep it's me again asking youse guys (it's a Philadelphia expression:)) to look in your parts piles, bolt bins, and FIAT flora and fauna for an obscure item.

It is a support bracket and plastic clip assy that holds the vac line from the plenum to the distributor vac advance, and the charging cable that goes from the alternator to the big battery terminal on the starter.

See circled areas in the pix below.

63267274-d5e1-4fb8-96a4-5e0684f7656d_zps1d36d30b.jpg

hosebracket_zps46a5137e.jpg

My understanding is that this is an FI car exclusive, but I could be wrong.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bracket

as I am milling around the garage working on the new x I will check for one. I remember that the bracket was gold colored and the plastic was white??? right or wrong???
mikemo90*aol.com

If all else fails, Dan... Looks like it would be...

easy to fabricate out of any "wall-bracket" and a spark plug wire divider, glued or screwed to it...

(Hopefully I didn't go "out of bounds" suggesting a less than OEM part... HA!)

it's a good idea...

I could also use one of these. Mine somehow found itself INSIDE the timing belt cover (by the PO?) and was rattling around in the bottom-area. I found it when I changed my timing belt this past Spring. It was very beat-up and not re-usable.

Was thinking about following Tony's recommendation and fabricating one from a bendable steel strap with ignition wire clips mounted to it. Or I've gotta believe Matt has one somewhere. Or perhaps something similar to this might work:

http://www.americanclassic.com/Google_Base_HTML_Pages/SPW-104-1963.htm

easy to fabricate out of any "wall-bracket" and a spark plug wire divider, glued or screwed to it...

(Hopefully I didn't go "out of bounds" suggesting a less than OEM part... HA!)

I am going to pull a part later, will check with the one they have there if you have not gotten one yet. As of a few weeks ago the drive train was still in the car.. let you know.

John

I found one....

Dan It's yours if you want it. Send me a pm with your address and I can stick the part in the mail.

DSCN0933_zps2d3b61ca.jpg

Back