WTB Muffler Support Bracket, Manifold Heat Shield

. So they removed the arm from the motor mount for 75 to 79/80, and then added it back?

Yup...100% correct !!!! Well...although this is true only for the North American models. Different story in other world markets.....

I wonder why mounts with the arm are so hard to find of they were on all the FI models.
I m wondering if this is because the mount with the arm is X1/9 specific, and the mount without the arm also applies to 128, Ritmo/Strada and Yugo

Yup.....correct again. Although....I think the Ritmo/Stradas actually used a totally different mount system. But yes....production of the 128 and Yugo and variants was surely..what 10 or 20 times the volume of X1/9s. And yes...the mount type with integral arm is VERY difficult to find as it is X1/9 specific. Which is why I developed a conversion arm kit that allowed the use of the 128 type mount.

Unless I misread your comment, this is NOT correct to my understanding.

No...my comment was indeed clear and correct...ALL the EFI X1/9s also used the engine-mount-with-integral-extension arm.

Some FI X's did not have any arm from the lower trans mount to the exhaust.

That statement is just NOT true. ALL the FI X1/9s DID come with it. Rodger explains it well.

Last edited:
As I stated, my understanding about some FI X's not having the support arm to the exhaust is based on a previous thread where it was stated by other members. I remember there were photos of it. But I'm only repeating what was said in the past.

Glad to hear that. This spurred me to think I had one of the exhaust brackets, and it turns out I do. Dirty, but super quality stainless.

If anyone else is in need send me a PM

bracket.JPG

Back