WTB: Race Car

Thanks for the lead!

The Dropbox photos look very interesting. I will contact the owner to learn more about the opportunity.

What are you looking for, I have two of the top x1/9 race cars in the county. I ran my 19 car at the Walter Mitty last year and won, turned the 3rd fastest lap in the race out of fourty plus cars, just behind two lotus super 7's, had the fastest "tub" car there.

I am looking for..

a car to run under my local "vintage" formula. I am open to anything Italian. I am building cars that will eventually qualify under the "open" formula. I am nowhere near finished. I need something to start on before my cars are done.

If you have a lead to a possible car, please post it here.

Saw this, reposting here for others..

Alfetta GT-3 tube frame race car

ALFETTA GT-3 TUBE FRAME RACE CAR
Full tube frame. Steel Alfetta doors and roof. The rest of the body is fiberglass and aluminum. Molds are included in the sale.
105 drive train layout, AUTO DELTA C.R. gearbox. Solid Alfa Romeo axel with custom mounting brackets.
LS 4.56 ratio with extra shims. Watts linkage, Coilovers, Hollow sway bars,
Wilwood brakes and pedals. Tilton masters.
Last time on the scales 1770 Lbs. with 10 gal. of gas. Presently has a stock engine.
I am in the process of building a new full race 2.0L engine. The race engine will be build of the following parts:
Paul Spruell ported cylinder head. Richard Jamison cams, 12:1 compression JE apple bite pistons, Carrillo rods, Aluminum flywheel, Porsche aluminum pressure plate, Three stage dry sump and pan. Etc etc…. Like to think that it will be a 200HP plus engine
48 DCOE Weber carbs, Electromotive HPV-1 ignition.
CASC-OR logbook. Can race in Canada or SCCA GT3 or SVRA Group 10.
Too much to mention in this ad. Contact me at bbrnd*bell.net or 6one3 9two5 eleven6four
My reason for selling? I will be 73 this year.
Price us$ 20.000
Bernie Betzema
Alfetta GT3 and 79 Alfetta

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alf.../408834-alfetta-gt-3-tube-frame-race-car.html

Reposting for a friend

Dayle Frame is selling his SCCA HP X1/9. You will need to check your vintage rules to see if it will meet their requirements. There is a lot variation between vintage racing organizations on what they will allow. The car is in Michigan.

Paul

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to sell (or rent) my extra race car (pictured in my avatar). Its a Fiat X1/9 that has been refurbed and upgraded over the last couple of years. I'm asking $11k for the whole package but I'm willing to rent it or come up with a "rent to own' plan should cash be tight. I want this car to go to a good home. She deserves it. If it stays in the greater GLDiv area, I'm sure Matt Brannon can add varying levels of support. But you'll have to discuss that with him.

Matt has shown that this car can be a consistent winner. But unlike his car which is LP chassis and motor, this is a "frankencar" just like my Sprites. Limited prep motor surrounded by an infinitely adjustable, full prep chassis. I asked for, and received, a weight break in the summer of 2013 so it now weighs 2000 pounds even.

Some of the salient points about the car:
-copy of the two time, national championship winning car driven by Bob Boig
-limited prep, 1500cc motor tuned by Matt Brannon (Midwest-Bayless, Columbus, OH) with Weber 40DCNF carburetor that comes with assorted spare jets (mains, air correctors, idle, etc.)
-new Electromotive XDi ignition and DFU with Magnacor spark plug wires (these were recommended by Electromotive)
-all new, redesigned oiling system with 6" Oberg oil filter, new AN10 lines, baffled oil pan and new double-pass aluminum oil cooler
-stock 5 speed transmission
-full prep chassis with full adjustable rod ends on all control arms, coilovers and KYB strut inserts
-Boig fiberglass body kit (all four fenders, front and rear trunks and air dam) with 0.085" aluminum splitter under air dam
-the car is well under weight (GCR weight 2000 pounds) as it has 100+ pounds of ballast bolted in with a 265 pound driver
-most of the wiring harness was rebuilt with soldered connections wrapped with heat shrink in 2014
-low-drag, Bosch alternator and Optima Yellow Top battery with jump start adapter system
-all Autometer gauges: wide band AFR, oil temp, water temp, tach, oil pressure, fuel pressure and voltmeter (all electronic except for oil pressure)
-10 gallon Fuel Safe fuel cell with two pickups (a cylindrical hole has been carved out of the foam for easy fuel level checks), two facet "cube style" fuel pumps and a fuel pressure regulator (all located in the forward trunk for easy access)
-all pressurized water lines are braided stainless steel hose
-stainless steel, water surge tank "hidden" in original fuel tank cavity for extra room in the engine bay (easy access to the transmission, etc.)
-four sets of 13" x 6" wheels (three sets of new Panasports and one Spinwerks), one set of Panasport rims will have Goodyear 430s on them
-three nozzle AFFF fire suppression system
-Simpson Platinum belts valid through 2015
-wired for radio system with antenna, microphone lead and PTT button (just add the radio)
-quick release steering wheel
-boxes and boxes of the usual spares that come with a prod car (radiator, tranny, engine and suspension components, axles, oil pan, flywheel/clutch assembly, etc.)

Pictures of the upgrade project and a spec sheet / backstory page can be downloaded here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l5iujjff857kvse/AADmhK4StFzosG_Qu8VJW899a?dl=0

I'm still working on a couple of aerodynamic projects but, in general, this car is ready to go with a week or two notice. It could use a head freshening and a seat (although if you're in a hurry, I can put the seat from the Sprite back in).

Let me know if you have any questions by emailing me at hdf3.wtr80*gmail.com.

Dayle

Last edited:
New Listing from Alfa Owner

1982 Spider Veloce SCCA ITB Racecar. 2011 Annual Inspection. Charcoal Metalic, Silver Graphics, 12 Campagnologo Wheels, "Beck" Orion Motorsports Suspension. Tailer, with box, tirerack, hitch, helmet, suit $18,000 complete. Bernie Mermis (831) 676-0458

How about an 850 spider

Here is an e-mail address for craig Way that will be selling his car. It is a nice car.

craigsfiat*gmail.com

Charlie

Scorpion: I have the most famous SCCA solo Fiat ever, known as Mighty Mouse, a 69 Fiat 850 Spider, which I have owned and driven for 35 years. Two time National Champion and other championships to it's credit. Absolutely immaculate, well sorted and fast. Attached are pics and a spec sheet.
Includes a great low rider sprung single axle long tongue trailer. I am located in San Diego. You can call me * 619-851-8501.
For some reason I cannot post attachments.
Send me your email and I will send.
Thanks
Craig Way

Scordian: I own and have driven for 35 years the most famous Fiat, known as Mighty Mouse, in SCCA Solo competition. This 69 Fiat 850 Spider is absolutely immaculate, well sorted and fast-a crowd gatherer wherever it goes. Ready to race--not a project car. Complete with a great low rider long tongue sprung trailer. I am considering selling it. I reside in San Diego.
I cannot figure out how to attach pics and specs so email me * craigsfiat*gmail and I will send.
Thanks
Craig
619-851-8501

Hi

Craig your car is green right? if so I have bunch of pictures that I took from about 2 years ago when I did a 2 driver event with Charles car . I'll post them tonight.

Here

you go Craig . I'll just mark them as photo 1,2,3 and so on and than if you want to make a post and say what's what I'll leave that up to you.

Photo 1.
iphone%20pics%2010%20294.jpg

Photo 2.
iphone%20pics%2010%20295.jpg

Photo 3.
iphone%20pics%2010%20297.jpg

Photo 4.
iphone%20pics%2010%20299.jpg

Photo 5.
iphone%20pics%2010%20296.jpg

I know the orange X for sale in Sacto Ca., you can't do much better for a turn key X race car. With spares.

Chris
Oakland, Ca.

1975 X SCCA GTL available in Colorado

The seller is a racer friend. He is retiring from racing and would like to sell his '75 SCCA GTL X1/9.

Details:
[FONT=&quot]1975 X 1/9 currently in SCCA GTL specification. All parts included to return it to "production" specifications. Car constructed to PBS specifications years ago. 1300cc engine with 2 dual throat Webers, close ration trans, E-mail me for list of everything that has been done. Many, many spares. Asking $7,000.00. Here's is what's been done to the car!
1975 Chassis VIN 128AS0036422 Car currently in GTL trim. (roof, doors, rear deck 0.025 aluminum) original body panels included.(current weight: approx 1500lb without driver) [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Body/Chassis: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Halon fire system Full 8 point roll cage Lexan windshield and rear window Kirky seat5 point belts (out of date per SCCA)Wide, Box Flare Fenders Removable 12in. steering wheel Lowered steering shaft Full width “wink” mirror Reinforced upper suspension points Adjustable Caster/Camber Plates Adjustable Coil Over suspension Tokiko Adjustable Shocks All suspension pick-up points raised in frame Steering rack mount raised to agree with raised suspension pick-ups All pick-up points have Spherical Bearings Front and Rear sway (anti-roll) bars w/spherical bearing attachment links8 gallon fuel cell Strengthened shift lever mount All undercoat removed4-6x13 Superlite alloy wheels4-6x13 Cromadora alloy wheels [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Brakes[/FONT][FONT=&quot]10 inch front disk brakes (Lancia) Aeroquip braided flex brake lines F/R brake bias adjustment Individual brake reservoirs Enlarged Pedals: Many other spares and parts. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Instruments: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Tachometer Oil Pressure gauge Oil Temperature gauge Water Temperature gauge [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Engine: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]1300 cc with: 1 1/4 in. diameter intake ports 40mm intake valves Special Isky valve springs Venolia 12:1 pistons Crower forged connecting rods Windage tray High pressure oil pump Cam Techniques F486/484-7 cam (0.486 in lift 290 dg duration)Adjustable cam sprocket Lightened crankshaft 8.5 lb lightened flywheel 3 in. underdrive crank pulley2- 42mm Weber DCNF carbs with Manifold & K&N filters Equal Length 4-1 header with Burns collector Crane Ignition Moroso [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Accusump[/FONT][FONT=&quot] w/electric valve Aeroquip Oil Cooler (water transfer) Alternator Remote oil filter3-row radiator Relocated expansion tank1300 cc core1500 core Single carb manifold &carb[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Transaxle: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]4-speed close ratio gears from Bacci Romano Locked rear end 4-speed core [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Miscellaneous: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Electromotive ignition system available Dry sump pump W/bracket & tank available Dry sump pan available

[FONT=&quot]CONTACT INFO:

[/FONT] Chuck Wingfield
wingfoot15*gmail.com [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Back