wtb: uno turbo mk1 exhaust flange gasket.

Mal in New Zealand should have them

I get them from him, even after I switched from the Mk1 to Mk2 manifold.

Best of luck

Eric.

photo

Here is a pic of the shape I'm after.
DSC_0327_zps4dca851a.jpg

Hmm.

The problem with this gasket is it is only for this application...

Not a bunch of options here...

On the RX forum, here is what they are doing for the same problem.

"Use annealed copper. #1, buy a sheet of copper, approx 0.03" thick or slightly thicker. #2 Take a propane torch, heat it up till its almost red, let it slowly cool. It should be annealed (becomes soft). #3 Stamp, cut any gasket you want (intake, exhaust etc). If it cools too quick (by dumping it in water and or cool oil) it will HARDEN and be brittle"

Apparently this is working well for them as their exhaust gasket is close to 100usd...

Hope this helps.

I don't know where they got the info that copper hardens when dumped in water after being heated to red. That is the standard method after raising it to its annealing temp, which is roughly a dark red. Quickly or slowly doesn't matter. Don't take my word for it though as there is plenty of info out there on the subject. I do all my copper gaskets that way. B.

To my eye...

It looks like you could take two gaskets, an appropriate 3-hole and an appropriate 2-hole, and trim them down the centerline of where they overlap to make them fit next to each other, where the centerline bisects that center bolt hole. As long as the two gaskets are of the same material, design and thickness it should work fine.

i am sure

i am sure i have at least one somewhere ...... but i am stuck into bed for next weeks, cannot walk in garage and look for it :(

Not running an UT myself (at least not yet as it's still a pile of bits waiting in the queue of rainy year projects!), but there seems to be some views that the gasket isn't necessary and may not have been originally fitted at the factory:

http://www.fiatforum.com/uno/214097-there-suposed-gasket-here.html

The FIAT part number for the 1300 UT is 7640098, while the 1370 UT is 7678101. Both were around 25 GBP on the old ePer parts catalogue back in 2005 - *IF* they're still available, then you're probably looking at getting close to double the price now in my experience :eek:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You may be better off with the Spesso version if you can find one, ref: 30866/2215

:)
[/FONT]

Back