WTB: window felt/rubbers

rjplenter

True Classic
In the process of stripping everything for paint prep I've discovered the rubbers/felts inside the door are rotten and worn through. These are the ones the window slides up and down within the rails.

Checked vendor websites and no luck. Does anyone have a set of good used ones hidden away?

Cheers,

Rob

Try Mr. Fiat

Mr Fiat has new replacement OEM rubber for many Fiat models including the X1/9. Just go and check out www.mrfiat.com and click the "Fiat" tab and then on the next page click on "Fiat OEM Rubber".

Good Luck,

George

In the process of stripping everything for paint prep I've discovered the rubbers/felts inside the door are rotten and worn through. These are the ones the window slides up and down within the rails.

Checked vendor websites and no luck. Does anyone have a set of good used ones hidden away?

Cheers,

Rob

Rob,
This is the felt the door glass slides in inside the door http://www.fiatplus.com/door-glass-u-shaped-felt-pr-278777.html

Chris Obert

Thanks Chris!

That's the one I need.

I searched your website but couldn't find it. But then I'm rarely able find what I'm looking for using your search function.

Cheers,

Rob

That's the one I need.

I searched your website but couldn't find it. But then I'm rarely able find what I'm looking for using your search function.

Cheers,

Rob

Rob,
My web store is set up exactly like the fiat parts books and microfiche for our cars. If you have access to the books you can look up the original part number and search the web store in the upper right with the part number. or, if you are familiar with them it's easy to look stuff up by catigories on the left, then departments in the middle, and then thin the search by picking the model type in the center...
If you want to call me when I am in the warehouse I will gladly help you look something up so you can get the feel of it.
Of course, just drop me an email or call and I can just quote your needs...

Chris Obert

Hats off to Chris for good service.

Hey Chris it is nice to see the good customer service that you are providing to us with the helpful replies to questions. It looks like the felt for the window channels that you are selling may be a little cheaper than what Mr. Fiat is selling depending on how many meters you actually need to do both doors (I am not sure since I have yet to replace any yet). Are your felts made in Italy from the same vendor or do you guys source the part from different vendors?

Do you have OEM door weather stripping for the X1/9 that is an exact factory OEM style replacement? I need some for my 1980 X1/9.

Thanks Chris,

George

Thanks Chris

That's good to know.

Rather than "door glass" I had searched "window". :)

Order placed.

Cheers,

Rob

Hey Chris it is nice to see the good customer service that you are providing to us with the helpful replies to questions. It looks like the felt for the window channels that you are selling may be a little cheaper than what Mr. Fiat is selling depending on how many meters you actually need to do both doors (I am not sure since I have yet to replace any yet). Are your felts made in Italy from the same vendor or do you guys source the part from different vendors?

Do you have OEM door weather stripping for the X1/9 that is an exact factory OEM style replacement? I need some for my 1980 X1/9.

Thanks Chris,

George

George,
I will admit that I don't know who David is sourcing his products from.

I can say that I try to find only the best quality parts I can find, and that's my personal goal. I put it before price because the folks that are bringing their cars to me for restoration are not concerned about saving a few bucks on lesser quality parts. They only want it done right, and right includes the best products.
And yes, the felts I am selling are made in Italy. The vendor tells me it's on the same tooling his father used when he made them for bertone...
But Italians will often tell you only what they think you need to know ;-))

As for the door opening seals, I have not seen an original one with the corners already fitted for very many years. The best I can offer is currently manufactured by the meter ( I buy it in 50 meter rolls http://www.fiatplus.com/door-opening-rubber-seal-pr-278684.html ), then you can use your old corners or buy new ones (if you have a 1974-78 http://www.fiatplus.com/weatherstrip-joiner-pair-pr-297340.html )

Chris Obert

Back