WTRB: Fuse box with blade fuse

m5art

True Classic
Hi,
looking for affordable fuse box with blade (ATC) style of fuses. I guess that would 86 to 88 vintage. Planning to update mine '81 into something more reliable...

Honestly, you really should source an entire wiring harness from an ‘85-88 car to do this, as the fuse box has a dozen or so unique subharness plugs that plug into the back. Not that you couldn’t do it with individual spade connectors, but it would be quite the rats nest underneath with many splices required. It’s not just a matter of unplugging the ‘81 wires and plugging them into the newer one.

There have been threads about converting the fuse box on the early 1500s to a blade style with an aftermarket fuse panel.

Thank you guys, that look great, will do that conversion.
Been away from this site for a while, but nothing seems to change, you guys are very helpful!
Cheers,

Hi Jeff,
been busy: grandkids, trying to make living which was tough in the oil and gas for last two years.
But I am busy at work again and driving the X (it's almost summer here) and planning what should I do with it.
Got the spare engine 1500 and turbo from Uno with matching header, so this will be my next move.
In the meantime I want to make the electrical system, well reliable.

Good to be back here...

Grandkids? Woh, you're making me feel old. :eek:
Glad to hear things are looking up. I also acquired a Uno Turbo set up that I am (slowly) developing for my 1500 engine. We should compare notes on it.

Regarding the fuse box subject. I've thought about doing that up-grade (to the modern style one), but so far the old box seems to be working fairly well. So not enough motivation to do it...especially when there are SOOO many other things it really needs (like replacing both master cylinders). :(

Back