X 1/9 Autopower rollbar $50

carl

True Classic
This came out of my ITC racer and was the rear hoop of the roll cage. It's nothing more than the normal Autopower street rollbar with a bracing diagonal. Before you get all excited, you should note that because of the diagonal you won't have enough push back room for a passenger seat and will have to relocate the spare tire(you can always cut away the diagonal). You will also have to fiddle with the driver side seat belt winder as it interferes with the down leg on the driver side (this is normal for the Autopower street bar, I had one years ago in another X without the diagonal).

$50 and I'm NOT SHIPPING IT! Come to Northern Virginia to pick it up and I'll buy you lunch. I'm tired of tripping over it in my storage room.

Pictures on request or if I get motivated I'll post here later.

Email me if interested.

IMG_1921.JPG IMG_2040.JPG IMG_2041.JPG here are some pics of it. The top pic shows it as part of the cage, the other two pics show it in my basement. Although it was welded into the race car, I was able to separate it and retain the bolt mounting holes that it would normally have for a street car.

Attachments

• IMG_1921.JPG
    IMG_1921.JPG
    227.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2040.JPG
    IMG_2040.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2041.JPG
    IMG_2041.JPG
    171.9 KB · Views: 5
looking at the pic it looks like the roll bar is above the targa (You could not install the roof with this installed)

The whole reason I'm selling it is a passenger seat will fit but you can't push it far enough back before the seat back hits the diagonal.
Yes the top of the loop does extend about the targa bar but the top does fit over it, depending on the top. The race car came with a gutted top, no interior padding and it fit fine. The stock padded top I have on this car seems to interfere a bit with the rollbar hoop.

Lemme check with thr home pffice and see what becomes of it. I have a gutted targa, and my wife, who rarely rides in the car, is very short, so space should be fine.

Just remind her today is Father's Day, whatever that means. I can't convince my wife that fathers just want to be left alone with nothing special on this day, unlike Mother's day where it's 180 degrees different.

Today is special for me because I'm trailering home a car! It's not a Fiat and not a sports car and I'm too embarrassed to even mention what it is but at least I'm doing car stuff on Father's Day!

Just remind her today is Father's Day, whatever that means. I can't convince my wife that fathers just want to be left alone with nothing special on this day, unlike Mother's day where it's 180 degrees different.

Today is special for me because I'm trailering home a car! It's not a Fiat and not a sports car and I'm too embarrassed to even mention what it is but at least I'm doing car stuff on Father's Day!

Just post a pic of such car!!....lol

Soon, it's currently stuck in the enclosed trailer with the key in the ignition and the car is locked!

IMG_2045.JPG Happy days, for a stupid amount of money for 5 minutes work the local locksmith was able to pick the hatchback lock. I need to find a terrific friend with an open trailer next time! Spiders and Xs fit in here with no problem.

Yea, it was a special edition 124 wagon made only in Japan in the late 90s.....my first and hopefully last foray into getting involved with non-running non-Fiats.

I can't convince my wife that fathers just want to be left alone with nothing special on this day, unlike Mother's day where it's 180 degrees different.
Reminds me of that old book by John Grey, "Men are from Mars, Women are from Uranus"...or something like that. Hope you got that.

Back