X as intended

jvandyke

True Classic
X is in real good drivability form finally, tires, struts, gas leaks.......
There's a really fun on ramp on my commute home, it's a rare two laner, moderately tight sweeper, cars tend to pile in the left lane leaving the right open for me to take at twice their speed :excited:
Today I smoked a BMW 550i. Of course a 1/4 mile later he was flying past me but I was already smiling, so yeah, I win!
Dang these little things handle awesome!!!!

Continue to repair, replace all the deferred maintenance items that has not been given proper attention.

Once your X is sorted out well enough, you will discover the X is a turn key reliable daily driver. As along as the X receives proper maintenance, like change oil, coolant, brake & clutch fluid and etc.. It will remain a reliable turn key daily driver.. and it is FUN to drive and thrifty on fuel, even when trashed HARD.

This is the little discovery of what the X1/9 really is, and what many FIAT detractors never discover as their perception has been too contaminated, biased and etc..

What other two seater designed in the mid-1960's can offer what the X1/9 does at this price today?

Happy Miles :)
Bernice

Oh, now you know some of the reasons why I like these cars so much. The X can put a smile on your face while driving to the corner store.

There's a really fun on ramp on my commute home, it's a rare two laner, moderately tight sweeper, cars tend to pile in the left lane leaving the right open for me to take at twice their speed :excited:
Today I smoked a BMW 550i. Of course a 1/4 mile later he was flying past me but I was already smiling, so yeah, I win!

Enjoy the payoff for all your hard work

You earned it Jeff. You were like a dog on a rag. :)

Haha, I can second that...

These little buggers are absolutely sublime. There are a lot of twisty country roads where I live, and one night I was fortunate enough to stumble upon some kid in his Subaru WRX STI that he MUST have just bought. We took off from 60mph, naturally, the STI took me right away, but within the first couple tight corners, I took him, the corners got bigger, and tighter, and eventually I couldn't even see his headlights in my rear view mirror :eat:

Shame on you!

HAHAHA...

I have a 270 degree DOWNHILL two lane SWEEPER exit that I have fun with almost on a daily basis... I just love accelerating away from folks as they watch in amazement as they struggle to keep up... HA!

As Bernice says... I always seem to have a SMILE glued to my face whilst driving this car!

Glad you got her running well...but...

...that 550i could've taken you off the line in any gear, if'n he wanted to. :clap:

another awesome day, crisp fall with deep blue sky, leaf colors are amazing, had top on then off and then back on (love that stowable targa) lov'n it.

It's a joy when everything is in harmony!

I'm hoping the weather is better next week so I can get mine out for some spirited driving! My Volvo is so much quicker & faster, but the X is awesome in the corners & winding roads!

Of course when I went to drive home I smelled gas again. Another line going bad (from filter to hard line) replaced. I'm hesitating on taking fuel rail off to do those little critters in there but I've had 4 leaky lines (3 in the last week) so prudence says to do 'em all. PO had put worm clamps on everything and reused the old hoses, everyone has cracked ends.

Back