X1/27

racing_05

Glenn Smith
So here is our Fiat 127 with a mid mounted 1300 engine in it. it has a X1/9 Gearbox Clutch and a few other things off a X1/9 too. it has been painted to be look the same as out X1/9 Prototipo.
Anyway ill let the Pics do some talking.

12012009033.jpg

12012009047.jpg

12012009049.jpg

12012009050.jpg

127Radiator.jpg

17012009053.jpg

17012009054.jpg

Radiators

in the 127 i regret to say it has a Daewoo Radiator from what model i have no idea. um with regards to the system it has a standard water pump and X1/9 1300 thermostat and Stainless Steel Series 1 overflow tank.

the X19 has a Standard 1500 system. i have replaced the pipes running underneath the car and have fitted a Holden Commodore Radiator. i have had to make the Holden radiator fit by cutting a lot into the front nose cone and lengthening the bottom support.

if you would like more pics would be glad to take them.

Thanks Glenn....

I asked `cause th eone on the X looked more or less like the VW radiator swaps we are doing here in the states.Great looking cars my friend,keep them running!!!!!..........thanks again

This ought to come as a real SURPRIZE to many...

... especially through the corners!

I bet it weighs a good deal less than the X1/9 also...

Great stuff Glenn!

yeah it weigh's a lot less than a X19. when i had it out last weekend i would rev it to around 4000rpm and the wheels would start spinning and the rear end starts to come out. you have to be on your toes when this happens because it all happens very quickly. at the moment i am about to start playing with the sway bars because it has a lot of under steer that i don't like.

I assume the rear is now on independent swing arms instead of the original leaf spring axle.

I'm not surprised the rear likes to come round - the wheelbase is short on those 127s (one of the things that made them great FWD cars) so I bet it likes to kick out and with all the weight at the back I'm betting its a pig to get back too.

If you've got sway bars at the front too I'd just ditch them and let the suspension do the work.

Back