X1/9 Spotted in Boulder Creek CA.

Sport

Rolf Grumme
I was downtown today and saw this green '74 in front of the Boulder Creek Brewery. Anybody we know? It looked like a pretty nice car!

What's funny though is, there was a guy who was uncomfortable being in the photograph and I asked if the car was his. He replied that it wasn't but "Isn't it bad ass!" I thought that was too cool. I love it when the X1/9 gets complemented, and it seems to happen more often than not. Sorry about the low quality pic, just my phone.
Rolf.
0215101510a.jpg

0215101511a.jpg

You're right.

With the X1/9 in the photo it's as pretty as a painting:sun:. I guess it was the light quality. In the afternoon up here the sun dips behind the trees and makes all kinds of shadows and weird lighting conditions.
Rolf

I'm busted.

Yesterday afternoon, my girlfriend and I decided to take a spirited ride through the mountains. The weather was so nice, we took the top down (the car's top).

While we were eating lunch in Boulder Creek, my gf said that someone was taking a picture of the car (we had a table at the window). Small world. Rolf, too bad you didn't look for us.

After lunch, we continued through the woods to Santa Cruz, then up Hwy. 1. At Pescadero, we turned back into the redwoods. After turning onto Skyline Road, we stopped at Pel's house (one of the LeMons X1/9 drivers) and helped him and Chris Ice get the newly rebuilt (by Bernice) LeMons engine started. After that, we continued home through the Redwoods. All told, the drive was about 180 miles without freeways.

This car has KYB struts, Jamex springs, 185/60-13 tires on 6" alloys, 10.5:1 forged pistons, Big-valve head, billet S2 cam, dual 40DCNF carbs, and headers, so it's particularly fun in the mountains.

Regards,

SHAME ON YOU, ROLF!

You shoulda started kicking in the door panels until Steven came out!

Geez!

Steven... I think ya owe Rolf a lunch or he might show this to your OTHER girlfriend!

(hehehehe!)

HA!

You didn't think you could slip though a small mountain town with that exotic did you? Jeeez! Your car looks great! A few more days like this and I'll be driving my X on a regular basis again. Living in the mountains is great but the X is no winter car.
Rolf.

I thought about a reply to that effect.

I was going to say that my wife saw Rolf's post and wanted to know what I was doing in Boulder Creek!

Regards,

Back