X1/9 Spotted in Film

Frog

Low Mileage
I was watching The Enforcer (1976), the third Dirty Harry film, and noticed a certain type of yellow car in the background. (Cropped and marked to emphasize car)

Has anyone else noticed X1/9s in film or other pop culture?

Attachments

• x19 spotted.png
    x19 spotted.png
    640.9 KB · Views: 250
Nice catch. In the past there have been several posts about the X appearing in various movies, commercials, TV shows, etc. But I don't think there has ever been an ongoing collection of such sightings. Maybe you should start a dedicated thread that can be a 'sticky' for future additions?

x19_movies_TheEnforcer_Movie_1976.jpg

Here's another almost identical photo from the movie.

From collection found at:

http://www.x19gr.50webs.com/movies.htm

Photos from approx. 90 movies, approx. 60 tv shows, 13 documentaries, 11 greek shows, and 5 music videos.

I remember seeing them on CHiPS and Dallas.

Someone was really paying attention.

Last edited:
Bill, great resource, thanks for posting it.

Let's not ignore the elephant in the room; nice Pinto in the Dirty Harry photo. o_O

Bill, thanks for the link; exactly the kind of resource I was looking for. I'd forgotten the one in MacGuyver, that's probably the only other I've ever noticed!

I recall coming across an old Motorweek review, and that reminds me; there's going to be an X1/9 in one of the new episodes of Clarkson, Hammond, and May's Grand Tour Amazon series. I'm secretly hoping it gets a bad review; unlike some of you fellows who already have an Exxy, I don't want value to go up just yet, and it's rare this type of car gets any media coverage!

And Dr. Jeff, a red Pinto was my mom's first car. She says it was perfectly fine, until it blew up, of course.

When I saw Ready Player 1 in theaters there was what I thought was an X on screen for about 3 frames ... Turned out to be a fiero ...

I guess this really doesn't count. But on the animated TV program "Archer" they often have a lot of 70's-80's import cars in the background. Mostly popular ones like VW Beetles, but also some more obscure ones; Jags, Triumphs, Isetta, 124 Spiders, old 500's and the X1/9 (sorry, I don't recall what episode but it was in traffic in the backdrop). Plenty of vintage American cars as well. I assume one of the animators must be a motorhead.
Archer-Cars-Gear-Patrol-Lead-1440.jpg

Archer-Cars-Gear-Patrol-2.jpg

Just saw these sites:

Last edited:
Nice catch. In the past there have been several posts about the X appearing in various movies, commercials, TV shows, etc. But I don't think there has ever been an ongoing collection of such sightings. Maybe you should start a dedicated thread that can be a 'sticky' for future additions?
I imagine foreign films feature it much more

Back