X1/9 style/design custom modifications

This example of a BMW did it a little differently, pulling out part of the fender rather than the entire panel. The separation at the top of the pulled section is at a stock body line. I think the nose end of the front fender is blended more like @dirtywaterfab described in post #275; "I hope to make front fenders very similar to these except I would want to preserve the original width of the nose and have the flares get progressively wider as they approach the wheel arch."
View attachment 79588
and a little later :)
1702514253756.jpeg

The Imsa look is always interesting. Hussien did a nice job of joining the front and rear of his car with the rocker.

Making the grill opening in the rear fender more continuous and using the rocker to join the disparate fender forms helps with making a more cohesive design. There is much needed at the front so this is just gilding a rather less than lovely lily. The rear strakes are genuinely unfortunate and accentuate the narrowness of the base body (there are similar issues with the front strake which accentuates the heavy overhang induced by the widened fenders.

Just a few quick thoughts. The rear grill is still awkward at the top. The Stratosesque sail wing is a nice way to join the roof to the fender form and reflect the existing pillar.

IMG_2718.jpeg

Last edited:
Back