Xweb members out there....

petex19

True Classic
I'm in a position of desperation so I'm posting this just as a notice to all members that I need an overflow bottle for my X if anyone has one they would be willing to sell. I posted the wanted thread in the correct forum but I know that I don't check that forum unless I'm looking for something but I always check the discussion forum so that's why I'm repeating myself.

'PeteX1/9

Chris... for giggles I tried this...

... link and they only give a option for a radiator OVERFLOW bottle.

Search failed to find one, but one can request a further search within their suppliers.

What kinda bothers me though is that this tank is actually a RESERVOIR (under pressure)... like the top or side of any NORMAL radiator... and NOT a "recovery tank" or an "overflow bottle"... which is NOT under pressure.

The only replacement tank I have ever seen outside of used steel, stainless steel, or plastic STOCK tanks I've seen is Chris Obert's Aluminum replacement. I imagine there might be something else out there... but I've just never seem it.

Hey Pete... another option...

Chris has a Repro Aluminum for 300!

Go here...

http://www.fiatplus.com/repro-aluminium-coolant-tank-pr-278623.html

The Repro would be HOT-HOT-HOT in your blingy ride...

(Tell Chris ya want the Tony Natoli Discount... hehehe...)

If ya don't go for the aluminum tank then I would strongly suggest the 100 dollar stainless tank from Tom (Matt). I don't know if you can find a plastic one... or if it would be very dependable after all these years. I have a plastic one and it has lasted over 25 years compared to the original that only lasted 5... but ya just never know with plastic! The SS one will last forever... and I imagine the Aluminum one will also.

I have a plastic one

u can use till u get one for blinging or till u get one of them fancy SS jobbies

Its just a short drive away :)
PM me

Last edited:
I prefer Chris Obert's tank to the funky SS ones.

The angular design just seems to fit the X better. (I guess that it is one of the few none NOS things that I like.)
mounted.jpg

new_V_old.jpg

Mercedes 450SL/SLC Tank will do the work

I 'm using it as a temporary replacement since last year ago and works fine. Fittings are the same and will stand the pressure. You will have to build a bracket to hold it in place. Will post a picture tomorrow.

Back